UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

#1 Ranked Mid Major Destroyed

Drake, which is a top tier program in mid major was abused by a middle of the road full scholarship program. Pioneer, MAAC, and NEC teams do not belong on the big stage.

No one wants a win against these fully funded programs worse then I do. Unfortunatly I just don't see it happening.

Now we get to sit back and watch Marist and Monmouth get crushed and await a similar fate against Hofstra.

BOY I HOPE I AM WRONG!

P.S. Has anyone gotten any feed back from the administration as to why we re upped to the NEC? Posters on other boards think Albany will not fufill their committment time wise to the NEC and leave early. I sure hope the prognosticators are correct.

Now we get to sit back and watch Marist and Monmouth get crushed and await a similar fate against Hofstra.

9365[/snapback]

My impression since being on campus, and being around during the summer, wass that this team and program has a shot at beating Hofstra. They truely think in their hearts they can beat them, if not give them a run for there money.

to me, we need to be that positive. Im not gonna think negative, im just gonna hope they do their best, because even if they do lose, i know they are still a good team.

Great Dane 84,

You are absolutly right. I totally agree with you. I am usually an optimist ( and deep down I think they have an outside shot). I also know that we have a very good team. They had better think like you stated or the worst team in the NEC will open up a can of "whoop ass" on them!.

I just think I am still annoyed that they re upped in the NEC.

We will have a very good team . I hope to see the old "swagger" back.

What I hear is that in the near term, while we get through the upgrade, we need to be affiliated with the NEC, as if we weren't, wwe'd have even more games like Montana St., U Mass, etc. I also feel if things come together financially, we'll be leaving the NEC early. Football leagues will be reconstituting in the next few years, which I hope we'll be a part of.

THERE ARE TWO THINGS I SEE ABOUT ALL OF THIS:

1) WE DONT NEED TO PULL A BUFFALO, AND JUST JUMP INTO SOMETHING WE ARE NOT PREPARED FOR...WHATEVER YOU MAY WANT OR THINK, IT DOES TAKE A WHILE TO MAKE THE JUMP...BUFFALO WENT TO QUICK AND LOOK AT THEM NOW...THEY ARE A JOKE IN DIVISION I-A FOOTBALL...TO ME, I RATHER TAKE IT SLOW, AND STAY AT THIS LEVEL...BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS LEAVE EARLY...THE POINT IS THIS IS A VERY COMPETATIVE CONFERENCE, SO ITS NOT A TOTAL LOSS.

2) THINGS COULD BE WORSE, WE COULD BE TEMPLE

• 4 weeks later...
THERE ARE TWO THINGS I SEE ABOUT ALL OF THIS:

1) WE DONT NEED TO PULL A BUFFALO, AND JUST JUMP INTO SOMETHING WE ARE NOT PREPARED FOR...WHATEVER YOU MAY WANT OR THINK, IT DOES TAKE A WHILE TO MAKE THE JUMP...BUFFALO WENT TO QUICK AND LOOK AT THEM NOW...THEY ARE A JOKE IN DIVISION I-A FOOTBALL...TO ME, I RATHER TAKE IT SLOW, AND STAY AT THIS LEVEL...BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS LEAVE EARLY...THE POINT IS THIS IS A VERY COMPETATIVE CONFERENCE, SO ITS NOT A TOTAL LOSS.

2) THINGS COULD BE WORSE, WE COULD BE TEMPLE

I'm sorry to jump in here GD84 but are you talking about Albany going I-A?