UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Pulling the plug on W Soccer

I'm sorry, I hate to be critical, but when I saw that we lost to Howard 2-1, that's the last straw for me in terms of women's soccer.

1-8 is bad enough, but we beat Siena, Siena 8-0'ed Howard, and then we LOSE to Howard???

I mean, 8-0 is the basketball equivalent of 100-55. So if we beat Siena, we should have clobbered Howard 9-0.

7 goals in 9 games ... outscored 33-7 ... that is downright embarassing.

We're not playing super-heavyweights.

WE ARE ST. BONAVENTURE'S ONLY WIN THIS YEAR.

This is not a new problem. They need a complete overhaul.

2004: 2-18, 0-9 (current coach)

2003: 1-18-1, 0-9 (current coach)

2002: 4-14-1, 0-7

2001: 1-16-1, 0-10-1

2000: 3-15

1999: 0-15-1

6 yrs., D-I: 11-96-4 (.117)

Hey these girls work there ass off, its hard to play for a team that dosn't get much attention and if I'm not mistaken don't they have some of there games over at Colonie High? Correct me if I'm wrong but dosn't that make recruiting rather hard?

I can also why they are struggling to beat even Howard who beat Siena isn't it possible that Howard just happen to play great that day, soccor is alot like American Football because anything can happen on any givin day.

Nobody's saying the girls dont' work hard (though in the past I have seen some of the players who definitely didn't work hard or even want to play. I am not around as much any more to see this now, though). In any event, even if they work hard, they are embarassing. It's not their fault, sometimes that just happens. But the whole dept. either needs to just fess up and say hey, we dont' care about women's soccer, or do something about it. It's ridiculous.

As bad as men's basketball was, they were never this:

2005: 1-8, 0-0 (current coach)

2004: 2-18, 0-9 (current coach)

2003: 1-18-1, 0-9 (current coach)

2002: 4-14-1, 0-7

2001: 1-16-1, 0-10-1

2000: 3-15

1999: 0-15-1

6+ yrs., D-I: 12-104-4 (.117)

Even in their infancy the men's basketball team pulled out some nice wins. Women's soccer has been totalled mishandled.