UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany    - 41

Fordham - 0

8 left in the 4th.

Finally some offense, just a little late.

10465[/snapback]

Unbelievable end to an up-and-down season. Perhaps the memory of today's game will give the team more confidence for next season.

I wonder if the team was also responding to the transition to scholarship football.

Very interesting ending today!

I can't help but think that the beatings this team took from the scholly teams early in the season set back their development. The defense was there all season but the offense didn't get on track until lately. Starting off with a more reasonable schedule might have made a diference, especially with so many new players and new coaches. IMO throwing them under the bus early to 3 very good A-10 teams didn't allow the offense to come together.

Regarding the new scholarship rules of the NEC, I have a few questions:

1) Where is UAlbany going to get the money to support the scholraships?

2) Will players being recruited now and in spring be offered scholarships?

3) How many scholarships be offered the first year? (I'd guess that since 30 is the max, it is not advisable to offer all 30 (assuming the $s are there) all at once, i.e. the first year.

Of course nothing's 'official' yet, but since the limit is still 30, I'd guess you'd phase scholarships in as the need-based players graduate/leave. I don't know that a 'full scholarship' costs any more than a full 'need-based' grant, unless those were partials. The source of the money would be the same. You've just got a larger universe of potential recruits to offer.