UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena 61 Albany 55

Curious to hear anyone's thoughts who was at the game last night. I had pretty low expectations for an Albany team starting two freshman and two sophs against a veteran Siena team that will probably finish in the top three in the MAAC.

From the sounds of things they played better than I expected. Looks like Tanacan came around with 8 points and 4 rebounds in 16 mnutes. Really like that it's 8 or 9 players chipping in with contributions this year.

I was impressed with both Petersen and Danacan in the post - tall centers who can actually catch the ball, and shoot. Except for Danacan and Schu, the team looked very fast (at least compared to Siena), they got a ton of steals. Left the Siena shooters too wide open for 3s. Schu had an off night, so the outside game was almost non-existent.

Tamika Thrower left the game in the second half with a broken nose.

Greetings from China!

Random thoughts on Siena Game:

The player that most impressed me was Sherri Mikus. She really sparked that rally in the second half as was 50% from the field.

Yeah, what an off night for Schu she only led the team in scoring with 13 points...j/k DP

Although she did not get the outside shot to fall I am glad to hear her Jen take a more aggresive approach to the basket rather than pop the 3. She still did hit some big 3's in the late rally.

The perimeter D still baffles me. Its a problem that has plauged this team since last season. The have the speed to beat the screens and guard the outside shot. They have no excuse and this will have to change, especially going into AEast play.

Hope Tanika is okay cause they need her quickness on D.

Keep driving to the basket on O the shots will fall.

The press to start the game was a questionable decision, I would have hung back in the half court to keep the game at a slow pace early then unleashed the press before half and try to get a lead.

Prediction for Mogan State UA 57-49

Hope everyone has had a nice Thanksgiving!

Granted I haven't seen them play but if they are as quick as they sound then the press would make sense. You'd want to get your opponent in to the running game if that's your strength. Sounds like an interesting team, I'll be curious to get my first look at them.

I hope Thrower is OK and this doesn't affect her national anthem singing. I heard someone else got hurt during that game, not sure who. Just curious why Tanacan didn't get more minutes, seemed like she was productive when she was on the floor.