UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Danes win One!!!!

2,512 showed up to see the depleted Danes Win!!!

Janis Pipikis has his greatest night as a Dane 11pts 5 boards and 5 for 6 from the floor.

Freshman Todd Martin has his first double figure game as a Dane 10pts (2 for 3 from 3) plus 5 boards

Freshman John Iati 16 pts including 5 of 7 FTs.

Levi was Levi 16pts and 6 boards while logging 40 minutes.

Chris Wyatt 8 boards.

Albany won the battle of the boards for the first time this year, 34 -26.

Knotts has 4 defensive rebounds in 83 minutes this season to go along with 30% FG shooting.

4 guys in double figures again.

For sure it was not an artistic success but none the less it was a "W".

I though there were some good things done off the court at our home opener also. Kind of a Little Purple Growl atmosphere which I though was terrific. For being larger I thought the crowd was a bit on the quiet side but hopefull we'll get noiser as the conference season and the kazoos start up. I thought the lights going down and the strobe intros of the players was kind of cool. I don't listen to FLY92 but apparently they have some following. I was following a group of kids in last night and they went insane when they saw the FLY92 car outside the RACC. The moment of silence before the anthem was a nice move considering we were playing Army. They may have done that in the past and I didn't remember but I thought it was a nice gesture. Dual concessions stands were good as was the Great Danes gear booth (It's been at the women's games). The dance contest was a nice idea also.

Good to see Iati bury some free throws down the stretch. It was advertised that one of the things he would bring to the table was improved foul shooting from the point guard position. I think he will have an up and down season due to the extra burden thrust upon him by the loss of Jamar. However, I think in the long run it will make him a better player and will pay dividends next year when he is not asked to do so much. Teams will not be able to focus on him as his supporting cast will be outstanding. He will be able to "take what comes to him" as opposed to trying to make things happen. Watch out when Jamar and Lucius etc. penetrate and kick it out to him for open jumpers!!

How do we match up with LIU Wednesday?? When can we expect the elusive Jamal Hughes make a court appearance???

DOWNTOWN

Our match up with LIU shouldn't be too bad. Of course our negatives are depth and we are playing on the road.

They have 3 guys avg double figures - Edwards 6'7" 14ppg and 9 reb is active on the offensive glass, Thomas 6'6" 12ppg and 5'11" J Williams is getting 11ppg. They have a kid named Meekins who is a solid 3 pt threat and 6'7" European kid Tulokas who is solid. LIU is a solid defensiveteam.

In order for us to compete we must rebound on the defensive end and find a way to score. If Levine and Iati play solid games we need two othe guys to step up and get double figures and we have to stay out of foul trouble.

A big positive is LIU plays Sacred Heart on TV(MSG) tonight and will only have one day to prepare for us.