UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gazette stories

Story in today's Gazette - Brown says CSU win was a big relief for the kids, now they have a chance to get to .500 before Christmas. Key to the game was controlling the boards. "(Kirsten)'s developed a little bit of a swagger very quickly, and we need that from him". When he dunked on three guys on one play, one guy thought he blocked Z's shot, got in Kirsten's face, but Z went right back at him, which he's never done before.

Gazette also does a quick preview of the other America East teams.

It definitely seems that some aggresiveness has come out of him recently. My girlfriend (who loves Zo) actually first mentioned it to me right after the Siena game saying that she saw him a number of times yelling/shouting while waving his arms at the person he was covering instead of his usual hands up in the air. While I would always be intimidated by a 7'1" person guarding me, I think it makes it that much worse (and of course better for us) when that 7 foot guy is yelling at me while he's doing it. Go Zo!!

And probably yelling at you in German as well-like playing basketball during a Rammstein concert.

I saw the article this morning and liked the stuff about Zoellner. It may be nitpicking but I was surprised to see Brown seem to add up the wins against our next couple of opponents. I wouldn't think anything of it ordinarily but in a season when we may have overlooked a few teams on the way it seems like a bad idea to take our opponents anything but one at a time.

Dane Pound,

I agree with your comments about Brown - I think he's still learning how to manage his comments. Even if he really believes it, I don't think it's something that he should say publicly.

He also made a concerning comment (in hindsight) after the UCLA game. In an interview on the fox site, he said that Iati was a very good shooter - that he would would never go 0 for 8 or 0 for 9 from three point range. In the last two games Iati has gone a combined 1 for 12.

That said, according to Pomeroy, UA is favored in each of their next ten games except Brown and BU.

In general I like that Brown seems to say what's on his mind. Hopefully he's right and we can get on a roll in the next couple of games.

Brown (the school) is only favored by a point although they beat Bing pretty soundly and also took out Hartford earlier this year. Probably not a great comment on the state of the AE that their only two wins were against schools from our conference.

I've been away for awhile and I didn't see the aforementioned Gazette article but

Story in today's Gazette - Brown says CSU win was a big relief for the kids, now they have a chance to get to .500 before Christmas - UA72

I don't think that there is anything wrong with saying "having a chance"

I was surprised to see Brown seem to add up the wins against our next couple of opponents. - Dane Pound

I don't think Brown was guaranteeing victories, but stating that by beating Cleveland State the team know has the opportunity to reach .500 by Christmas.

Harvard will be a very stiff test for the Danes. Let's hope our shooting stroke comes back for Brent and Jon and Lillis, Lu and Siggers contribute.