UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stony Brook - Trap Game

I am worried about tomorrow's game against Stony Brook. It looks like it has potential for a Loss. The excitement of beating Binghamton on the road, the announcement of Bracketbuster game on tv and the Big Purple Growl on Saturday can have the team overlooking Stony Brook. Albany-Stony Brook games have been always close. This is a big game for the Danes.

I am worried about tomorrow's game against Stony Brook. It looks like it has potential for a Loss. The excitement of beating Binghamton on the road, the announcement of Bracketbuster game on tv and the Big Purple Growl on Saturday can have the team overlooking Stony Brook. Albany-Stony Brook games have been always close. This is a big game for the Danes.

11493[/snapback]

I echo everything you have said in your post. Although the Seawolves have the worst conference record, they have played a lot of teams tough in the conference. It will be interesting to see first-hand how much progress the new coach has made with his team since we last met them.

I' scared, too, and I hope a lot of fans come out to see the Danes. Wow! What a week (for my purposes, eight days)! A big win over Bingo, a rematch with tough Stony Brook, the BPG, and the announcement of the national TV exposure later in the month. I hope the team has not been too distracted by these events.

Are you kidding? I worry about every game. It's not whether we win or lose, it seems to be how far down do we let ourselves become, and is the game long enough to overcome the deficit.

Can't we win even one without the drama?

11497[/snapback]

Ditto

Are you kidding? I worry about every game. It's not whether we win or lose, it seems to be how far down do we let ourselves become, and is the game long enough to overcome the deficit.

Can't we win even one without the drama?

11497[/snapback]

You have provided one way of looking at many of our games, and often I have felt the same way.

Here's another: At least this year we are winning a majority of those close games. Up through the beginning of this season, we had lost nine straight games where the final score was decided by nine points or less. I will take the current situation rather than the old situation.

And I think you are also correct that we tend to play to the level of our opponent. And, here again, that has played to our advantage when we played the likes of UCLA, Florida, and Vilanova (last year), and hopefully VCU later this year.

Unless you are on a high dose of blood pressure medicine, enjoy the thrill.

I like the tone of this thread…lets get back to business. There is still a lot work to do and room for improvement. We have proven that we can defend but we need to get this offense going.

Offense spacing and movement away from the ball still needs to improve dramatically...especially against man defense.

Get Brent back on track – he needs to shorten his game and get more non-3-point shots. Change it up a bit…make him realize that he is very capable with his back to the basket (we have seen flashes of this). This may not be his strength but he is more capable of creating a consistant inside threat than anyone else on this team. Maybe this shooting slump can be a blessing in disguise.

Rotation – is it time for Jason Siggers to start? Symbolically Jordan should still start but Siggers minutes should keep increasing. When Jamar gets his 2-4 minutes of reset I’d like to see Siggers fill the 2 spot instead of Iati. Lillis, Siggers, Levi, Brent and Zo. We haven’t seen this combination yet this year. I think we could cause some match-up problems. If the opposing team identifies this and presures us, call time-out and get Jamar back in...experiment over.

Challenge Lillis to score 12 or more points in a game. Inserting him as the point guard improved the team dramatically. Having him as a participating member of the offense would allow them to take yet another step forward. He is a 6’5’ point guard in the AE! He should be creating match-up problems.

For now I’m sad to say that Iati has not earned much PT if any.

Refocus on Rebounding – we slipped a bit early in the Bing game (but came on strong late). Coach Brown emphasized this after the Harvard loss and we went on a nice run.

I've finally recovered from the UNH game. It took a long time.

Anway, some very good points so far. Re Brent, he has a really nice hook and I've rarely seen him miss on it. It would be great if he spent a little more time inside so that he can use that soft hook. That may be the most difficult shot to defend.

I agree that Lillis needs to be a bigger part of the offense. He has been open more times than Bill Clinton's fly but passes up shots. Yet, he has one of the best shooting percentages on the team - just as he did last year. Still, I can forgive since he does so many other positive things on the court.

It would be nice to see at least one blowout this year. These games have not done my stomach one damn bit of good.