UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Rivalry Attendance

Just wanted to inform fans and posters that read this board frequently of a rivalry attendance comparison:

Albany vs. Siena -- 11,797

Stony Brook vs. Hofstra -- 3,424

Bottom line, Siena and UAlbany have a good thing going. Several mid-major, non-conference rivals would give anything to generate half of our attendance number for this game.

I think we can push for 13,000 in '04-05 and a possible sellout in '05-06.

"AlbanyObserver"

Great Post

Where in the country can you get 11,000 + fans to come out to see a solid Mid Major play another DI team which has never won 10 DI games in a season.

From next season on it will be two solid Mid Majors going after each other!!!

Being it won't be the first game of the year next season, it would be great for UA to come in something like 2-0 or 2-1 .

We could sell the Pepsi out next year - heck with 05/06.

Patch -

I hope you are right with the sellout. I always like to keep my expectations within reach.

I wish it was the season opener, but I don't think that will be the case with the Preseason NIT scheduling issues we are hearing about Siena.

It would be the much-anticipated debuts of Lucious and Zoellner as well as the first viewing of a hopefully 100% percent healthy Jamar.

Also, as a fan, I am going to push hard to voice my opinion in suggesting our new pep band play at this game. As a group, they should begin practicing in late October for next season. Pep bands add so much atmosphere to games. I hope Siena has one in place as well, but I would be happy if UAlbany got all the kudos for this appearance.

Someone shouldn't sit them in the rafters either. Somewhere in the lower level of the Pepsi Arena would do.

As a group, they should begin practicing in late October for next season.  Pep bands add so much atmosphere to games.  I hope Siena has one in place as well, but I would be happy if UAlbany got all the kudos for this appearance.

No, the pep band should start practice in August (if it's made of staff and alumni) and get their act together during football season. Arrange for a sound system if necessary for outdoors.

$iena debuted a pep band at their last game.

Put the pep band right in with the students under the basket.

I, do like you and temper my spirits a little, 11K to 12K would be great but I just believe that people have bought into the idea that we are going to be VERY competitive next year and if we drew 11,800 this year who knows what will happen.

I also believe Charlie Voelker with get things hyped on campus.

Might be wishful thinking but whatever happens health permitting Illl be 1 of whatever.