UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tix

Hey,

I know this is way way way premature.  But how would they typically handle ticket sales if the conf. championship comes back to the RAAC?

12194[/snapback]

My first reaction is, "Slow down, man. We have a lot to do before we reach that point."

Good question, though. Will season ticket holders be honored with their usual seats? I have a feeling the game will be considered a league game. The closest comparison might be the last time the RACC hosted the NCAA Regional back when we were in Division III. Everybody had to pay for their tickets then, including students.

from the AE policy manual:

For the men’s basketball championship game only, the visiting team shall be guaranteed a minimum of

600 tickets with 50 percent of those tickets located behind the visiting bench area. In addition, the host

institution shall reserve the additional pool of 50 percent of the tickets with consideration given to their

location and the proximity of the courtside tickets. These ticket allocations are subject to the approval of the

America East Conference office. Bands, cheerleaders and dance teams will be admitted via a gate list for the

championship game. However, schools should account for band members (30 per school) and dance team

members (12 per school) in the ticket manifest. Bands should be seated either behind or directly across

from their school’s bench. America East may request up to 75 tickets for sponsors and other Conference

needs. Ticket prices for the America East championship are $25 with student/youth tickets at $10.

Looks like tickets would cost $25 and does not appear to be any reason why season ticket holders wouldn't be offered first refusal on regular seats.

But

this is still a long way off

Whatever it takes!

I would sell my soul to SienaTony to get a seat for that game.

Wait maybe not my soul just yet, I might want to wait for the post season tourney to pull that card (be it NIT or NCAA).

Maybe there will be scalpers in the breezeway between the RACC and the PE building, that would be a true sign of this program really putting it's self on the map. When they have to put up signs like those outside Madison Square Garden warning scalpers of the state law.....

SCBN!

SSS