UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hutch

I really like the makeup of the women's team right now. They have several offensive weapons due to the improvement of Learn and Schumacher. However, I now feel Schumacher should become the first player off the bench.

1 - Sweetland

2 - Ayers

3- Learn

4- Jones

5- Hutcheson

Learn gets more shots at the three. Would Learn have shown this early season development if Hutcheson was in the mix from the first game????? If think she developed confidence because she was given more opportunities to take shots. Schumacher can provide instant offense in a reserve role while still securing 25-30 minutes. Jones is a true "4" and you need to continue to let her do the dirty work down in the post. I wouldn't tinker with that at all. Give kudos to Sweetland, who garners an impressive 29-8 assist-turnover ratio. It is obvious that these three individuals have taken their games to another notch.

Now if we could only do the same with Knotts, Wyatt and Pipikis for the men's program????

I would expect the Gals to be very competitive the rest of the way. This is by far the best DI girl's team we have had.

As for the Boys from OZ it aint goin to happen

Wyatt - The Scarecrow - no substance

Knotss - The cowardly Lion - no heart

Pipikis - The tin man - good guy a little stiff

The women's schedule sets up real well for a couple of wins to even out their record and go into conference play with some confidence. Despite their 2-4 record they've built a RPI rating of 172. 3 of their 4 losses have come against teams in the top 100 with the fourth being against $iena. The way the rest of the AE is playing though the Lady Danes OOC schedule is going to look like a cakewalk compared to conference play. Hartford, BingU, Northeastern and of course Maine all look real tough this year.

I'll be curious to see who goes to the bench if Hutch starts Sunday. I like Ayers at the three although admittedly we lose some rebounding when she's there. Learn is nice offensively as a 3 but you have to admit she is killing people down low on the defensive end. I'd hate to take her out of a postion where she can block shots. Whatever Paterson does it's a nice problem to have 6 good players and only 5 starting spots.

Actually it's Ayers speed that would concern me with putting her at the 2. Guarding smaller, quicker guards on the perimeter. Either way I'm sure there will some tinkering with the lineup. Actually I hope you're right with your lineup AO because I'd hate to see Mookie be the one to go to the bench.

Edited by Dane Pound

I think you have good team chemistry right now ... that was probably one of the downfalls during the late-Warner era (but I guess that is what losing will do for a team). I could see Jones becoming moody if she was delegated to the bench. Hard for a player that has already started for a full season to all of the sudden accept that role. Some can do it, others can't. Confidence has always been an issue with Jones. She is showing signs of moving forward. I think this move would only set her back. Like I said earlier, Schumacher has been a pleasant surprise, so let's continue to view her contributions as bonus, rather than a staple.