UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

In an effort to inform this board with some football news from the Anygivensaturday.com board.

There is an NCAA vote on April 27th to get rid of the IA and IAA labels. If it passes, which it is fully expected to, there will only be Division I football in the NCAA.

DI will be broken down into two groups - Division I-Bowl Championship Group (BCG) and Division I- Playoff Championship Group (PCG).

UA will, obviously, be a Division I-PCG program. What is nice is that the winner of the DI-PCG championship game, formerly the IAA National Champion, will be known as the Division I Playoff Champion.

so pretty much what i am getting from this is that it is saying:

Go scholarship football, or drop your football program

14088[/snapback]

I'm not so sure that is the case. But the purpose of lossing the IAA classification is intended to elevate IAA in the public eye. It does beg the question of where non-scholarship IAA teams fall into.

The nice thing is that we don't have to worry about that anymore.

so pretty much what i am getting from this is that it is saying:

Go scholarship football, or drop your football program

14088[/snapback]

Not true, this is a name change only. They just hope that the uninformed will drop the thought that a school with I-AA football is not Division I.

And unless the playoffs are expanded, the NEC will still not have an automatic bid.