UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena Tony - at his double talking best

Say what you will about Doyle a pretty good story on why BCS teams want to expand the NCAA tournament,  mid majors and selling guarantee games. The MAC and the Ohio Valley have urged members not to sell guarantee games where the home team wins 95% of the time. The Missouri Valley, Colonial and Horizon are considering following the lead of the MAC and OVC, and urging their memberships to quit selling itself to win-hungry and money-bloated majors. >

Doyle takes a shot at the AE by stating

"For leagues like the SWAC and America East, whose basketball programs arguably couldn't survive unless they sold losses to the highest bidder, guarantee games are a necessary evil."

>http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9487118

The previous quotation comes from SienaTony today on HIS forum.

It's clear to me that he is trying to instigate another problem between Siena and UAlbany. Then he stands back and acts all innocent when UAlbany contributors post messages in any way contradictory to his way of thinking. Then we go through more insults by him, more input from us, and then the inevitable banning of UAlbany posters on HIS website, etc.

Just wanted to give everyone here a heads-up on the latest topic.

Take the source......

MAAC schools play the same money games that AE schools do - to help better finance their programs.

Schools like Albany finance real athletic programs while Siena finances other teams so they can stay DI.

Any chance Tony can get - he will knock the AE and UA with his interpetations, inuendo and condescending remarks.

But when all is said and done just remember UA had a better RPI then Siena.

Tony is paranoid.

He is shocked that in such a short time UA has closed the gap between a long established Siena program with great historical success (the wannabe "Crown Jewel of the MAAC") and a still under construction upstart DI program at Albany.

Give it a few more years and we may blow right by them, if we continue the improvements we've shown in the last few years.

If you were delusional like Tony you would be paranoid to.

Take the source......

MAAC schools play the same money games that AE schools do - to help better finance their programs.

Schools like Albany finance real athletic programs while Siena finances other teams so they can stay DI.

Any chance Tony can get - he will knock the AE and UA with his interpetations, inuendo and condescending remarks.

But when all is said and done just remember UA had a better RPI then Siena.

Tony is paranoid.

He is shocked that in such a short time UA has closed the gap between a long established Siena program with great historical success (the wannabe "Crown Jewel of the MAAC") and a still under construction upstart DI program at Albany.

Give it a few more years and we may blow right by them, if we continue the improvements we've shown in the last few years.

If you were delusional like Tony you would be paranoid to.

14949[/snapback]

Patch,

I agree with everything you say.

I just want to add that nobody, unless instigated, goes over to their forum to knock their incoming recruits, and there is also very little criticism here or over there from UAlbany posters of their current or past players.

You are onto something very real when you question the motives that Tony uses to discuss our growing programs.

Say what you will about Doyle a pretty good story on why BCS teams want to expand the NCAA tournament,  mid majors and selling guarantee games. The MAC and the Ohio Valley have urged members not to sell guarantee games where the home team wins 95% of the time. The Missouri Valley, Colonial and Horizon are considering following the lead of the MAC and OVC, and urging their memberships to quit selling itself to win-hungry and money-bloated majors. >

Doyle takes a shot at the AE by stating

"For leagues like the SWAC and America East, whose basketball programs arguably couldn't survive unless they sold losses to the highest bidder, guarantee games are a necessary evil."

>http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9487118

The previous quotation comes from SienaTony today on HIS forum.

It's clear to me that he is trying to instigate another problem between Siena and UAlbany. Then he stands back and acts all innocent when UAlbany contributors post messages in any way contradictory to his way of thinking. Then we go through more insults by him, more input from us, and then the inevitable banning of UAlbany posters on HIS website, etc.

Just wanted to give everyone here a heads-up on the latest topic.

14948[/snapback]

Patch,

I completely agree……in another year or two with us continuing to improve, Tony will look even more stupid then he does now. Olddog, you are absolutely right in your assessment of Tony and how he operates, he takes digs at us starts crap and then when we offer a rebuttal he bans us (me!). I’m still flabbergasted by the fact that after a Siena poster came to our board counted threads and started a thread about how pathetic UA fans were, Tony somehow managed to censor only the UA fans, and then ban me for life because I offered a rebuttal….(I posted the e-mail exchange in one of these Tony threads if anyone wants to see how it went down) not to mention tried to scare me with some bull$iena about banning my IP from ever visiting his site. The guy is the very definition of a loser!