UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

pick-up games

I really don't think there will be much pressure on Gifford unless it's self applied. If he starts he'll probably be the 4th or 5th option offensively, from what I've heard previously he has the potential to be very good.

He ranked 254 in the Hoopscoop Final ratings of this years Top 1000. Georgia Tech recruit Brad Sheehan from "Shaker" was listed at 266.

I am sure Covington will bang Gifford and Yocum around pretty good, as will Connelly. The two sophs want minutes and I'm sure they will pound the Frosh every chance they get.

The real pressure will be on Lillis, Iati, Siggers, Knight, Ross and Adnderson who will be competing for perimeter minutes. We all know Jamar will get his 32mpg.

Anyone know what Lance James status is, will he play this year or next?

I really don't think there will be much pressure on Gifford unless it's self applied. If he starts he'll probably be the 4th or 5th option offensively, from what I've heard previously he has the potential to be very good.

He ranked 254 in the Hoopscoop Final ratings of this years Top 1000. Georgia Tech recruit Brad Sheehan from "Shaker" was listed at 266.

I am sure Covington will bang Gifford and Yocum around pretty good, as will Connelly. The two sophs want minutes and I'm sure they will pound the Frosh every chance they get.

The real pressure will be on Lillis, Iati, Siggers, Knight, Ross and Adnderson who will be competing for perimeter minutes. We all know Jamar will get his 32mpg.

Anyone know what Lance James status is, will he play this year or next?

15235[/snapback]

Patch I respectfully disagree. I think there will be pressure on Gifford…not offensively as the 4th or 5th scoring option but defensively. We’ve all seen young big men at many different levels look lost defensively and we need him to overcome this for the team to be as good as it can be. I don’t see Brown protecting him defensively by playing zone and he will be tested very early when Bucknell visits the RACC. With poor production from the 5 spot defensively the team potentially could struggle. I don’t think Covington, Connelly or Yocum can do what Gifford can do physically although each will be valuable parts of the rotation.

As for your guard rotation of Lillis, Iati, Siggers, Ross, Knight and Anderson, even though this group will be battling for minutes, I am confident we will get production out of the 2 and 3 slots therefore this pressure is a good thing. There is more pressure on Brown here to find the right mix. This is the best type of pressure for a coach.