UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stony Brook eyeing A10/CAA

As posted by Aceinthehole on AGS:

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-p...-sports-college

17370[/snapback]

CAA...not expanding...and with Football...the A-Ten is dumb for SBU to move to.

For the record, however, I have it on authority from four sources (two in the CAA office....two outside) that Albany would be the school the CAA is after....no questions asked. UNH shot themselves in the foot when they rejected two overtures.

Albany

UNH

SBU

That is the order from what I am being told.

All speculation.

17370[/snapback]

For the record, however, I have it on authority from four sources (two in the CAA office....two outside) that Albany would be the school the CAA is after....no questions asked. UNH shot themselves in the foot when they rejected two overtures.

Albany

UNH

SBU

All speculation.

17375[/snapback]

We message board folks love speculation!

Assuming UA would be targeted to go to CAA for all-sports correct? Would the basketball minded folks like that? We would be moving from a one-bid league to another tradition one-bid league. But the CAA is definitly stronger than AE in basketball, thus making it harder to get that one bid. I just want to be in a football league with an AQ. Then we can stop killing ourselves out of conference for a few years and concentrate on winning the league.

17370[/snapback]

Albany

UNH

SBU

All speculation.

17375[/snapback]

We message board folks love speculation!

Assuming UA would be targeted to go to CAA for all-sports correct? Would the basketball minded folks like that? We would be moving from a one-bid league to another tradition one-bid league. But the CAA is definitly stronger than AE in basketball, thus making it harder to get that one bid. I just want to be in a football league with an AQ. Then we can stop killing ourselves out of conference for a few years and concentrate on winning the league.

17377[/snapback]

Personally, I think we should...and will not go anywhere. Fact is, the CAA is too big...the A-Ten football league too big...and schools are going to be pissed when they go 7-4 or 8-3 and dont get a bid.

With ODU coming into the mix, giving the CAA 13 football teams, there is no way they are going to 14...for a three bid (four on certain years) league.

THE CAA...as we know it...will be gone in 2011...it will be split.

The remaining questions are:

JMU- 1A apsirations

UMASS- Same, but not going to happen

Delaware...do they go south with Appy State (who may go IA) or stay with the UNH, MASS contingent.

In a perfect world the following would occur:

UMASS

NU

UNH

MAINE

HOFSTRA

TOWSON

DELAWARE

STONY BROOK

ALBANY

ODU

RICHMOND

WIlliam and Mary

That would be an unreal academic and sports league. Nova would go where it belongs, to the Patriot and would keep its UD game. URI, IMHO, will drop football by that time....and go with hockey.

If both stay in the mix....

You will see the Virginia schools stay with each other...leaving the UD decision....and it will be a tough one.

In the end...it will be a split of the CAA...

Personally, I think we should...and will not go anywhere.  Fact is, the CAA is too big...the A-Ten football league too big...and schools are going to be pissed when they go 7-4 or 8-3 and dont get a bid.

With ODU coming into the mix, giving the CAA 13 football teams, there is no way they are going to 14...for a three bid (four on certain years) league.

THE CAA...as we know it...will be gone in 2011...it will be split.

The remaining questions are:

JMU- 1A apsirations

UMASS- Same, but not going to happen

Delaware...do they go south with Appy State (who may go IA) or stay with the UNH, MASS contingent.

In a perfect world the following would occur:

UMASS

NU

UNH

MAINE

HOFSTRA

TOWSON

DELAWARE

STONY BROOK

ALBANY

ODU

RICHMOND

WIlliam and Mary

That would be an unreal academic and sports league.  Nova would go where it belongs, to the Patriot and would keep its UD game.  URI, IMHO, will drop football by that time....and go with hockey.

If both stay in the mix....

You will see the Virginia schools stay with each other...leaving the UD decision....and it will be a tough one.

In the end...it will be a split of the CAA...

17380[/snapback]

I think that schools are done running to the CAA. They shot themselves in the foot when they added Northeastern and Georgia State which added very little to the league, but have forced them to put up a "No Vacancy" sign. Yeager got overzealous in order to establish football for his league. He may have done more damage than good for his league in the longterm however.

Archived