UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Update on Coach Brown's site

While I will admit that the Albany fans are loud and passionate, my impression was that there were clearly more Siena fans at the game. Obviously, Albany missed some key free throws at the end, but look at the chances that Siena squandered at the end of regulation (missed jumper by Kenny) and at the end of the first OT (stood around with the ball as seconds ticked away).

The 20 pt. loss two years ago was the lowest the program has ever been at the DI level. I blame Rob Lanier for that loss. Albany played well and deserved to win, but a team of Jack McClinton (just named ACC Player of the Week), Michael Haddix, Scoop Jordan, and Kojo Mensah should not give-up and lose by 20pts. to anyone.

While I will admit that the Albany fans are loud and passionate, my impression was that there were clearly more Siena fans at the game.  Obviously, Albany missed some key free throws at the end, but look at the chances that Siena squandered at the end of regulation (missed jumper by Kenny) and at the end of the first OT (stood around with the ball as seconds ticked away).

The 20 pt. loss two years ago was the lowest the program has ever been at the DI level.  I blame Rob Lanier for that loss.  Albany played well and deserved to win, but a team of Jack McClinton (just named ACC Player of the Week), Michael Haddix, Scoop Jordan, and Kojo Mensah should not give-up and lose by 20pts. to anyone.

18333[/snapback]

"The 20 pt. loss two years ago was the lowest the program has ever been at the DI level. "

That is debatable. The Saints were pretty bad in the Bob Beyer years. But it is a lot more recent than the high point of the Saints history. 1989?. The 50's when the only Saint to have his jersey retired played?

Not sure why Saint fans still have the need to cry over that game and especially over here on our board . It is not like it was a heartbreaker that could have gone either way.

In my opinion Will Brown is right . The programs are even. I would like for UA to be ahead, but it is going to take more time. But given the progress the team has made in its short D1 history, I will not be surprised when it happens.

Archived