UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gnashing of teeth

I'm a little surprised with the seed but nothing like the gnashing of teeth going on over on the Siena board. Wow!!!!!

There are a few people there who have made some complimentary comments but for the most part it's very negative. Fun reading if you are bored.

I'm a little surprised with the seed but nothing like the gnashing of teeth going on over on the Siena board. Wow!!!!!

There are a few people there who have made some complimentary comments but for the most part it's very negative. Fun reading if you are bored.

I have to admit, I've acted a little bitter and selfish. It was a bitter pill to swallow losing to Niagara when Siena had a great shot at getting to the NCAAs. We were right there. Then we have to see our arch rival dance again while we sit home again. The future is very for both teams but it sucks to sit home and watch your rival dance.

Good luck against Virginia... If it means Siena dances next year, UAlbany can have the stinkin' Albany cup!

I have to admit, I've acted a little bitter and selfish. It was a bitter pill to swallow losing to Niagara when Siena had a great shot at getting to the NCAAs. We were right there. Then we have to see our arch rival dance again while we sit home again. The future is very for both teams but it sucks to sit home and watch your rival dance.

Good luck against Virginia... If it means Siena dances next year, UAlbany can have the stinkin' Albany cup!

You not the only one on that board that acted that way. It is quite amusing how obsessed your fans are with UA.

As far as the Albany cup, it doesn't work that way. But it is nice that you are finally acknowledging that it really doesn't mean that much especially compared to the NCAA. Look Will Brown always says UA's goal is to compete for the conference championship and go to the NCAA's and I hardly ever hear him mention the Albany cup as it is just one game on the way to bigger and better things.

Like every board Siena has some excellent basketball fans and they have some blinded Siena fans.

For whatever reason we have gotten into the NCAAs each of the last 2 seasons.

Siena hasn't.

I have continually said with some posters here disagreeing I was proud the the Capitol District had two 20 game winners this season and I was hoping for 2 NCAA teams this year or in the near future.

Our Conference has been the higher rated conference 2 of the past 3 years so I'm tired of hearing we're the weak sister in the area.

Facts are facts we have arrived and proven ourselves.

What ever Siena does is fine but "we are who we are" a team with two consecutive NCAA appearances, a team with consecutive 20 win seasons and a team that has improved its RPI each of the last 4 seasons. A team taught to defend.

The big difference this year was that when push came to shove in the MAAC Tourney Siena caved in to Niagara while Albany in the AE Tourney Championship clawed out a win with outstanding defensive intensity.

Siena may be a talented offensive team but I was always taught "DEFENSE win championships.

I have continually said with some posters here disagreeing I was proud the the Capitol District had two 20 game winners this season and I was hoping for 2 NCAA teams this year or in the near future.

Patch, this area did have 2 basketball teams in NCAA tournaments. 1 in division 1 and 1 in division 2.

I am satisfied with that. My favorite team is in the bid dance and the local team I follow casually had a very good D2 season.

Archived