UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Virginia Views

From the Richmond newspaper:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satel...;path=%21sports

The coach says of UA: "They've been to this tournament more times than we have," Leitao said of the Great Danes, "and so they're going to come in with a very high air of confidence. I'm sure they're looking at us as a team that they know they can beat."

Leitao's mentor is Jim Calhoun, who will certainly provide info of this season's pasting of us up at Storrs.

The assistant coach is Rob Lanier, who was the head coach at Siena when we beat them by 21. I'm quite sure he will help UVA's strategy against us.

From the Charlottesville newspaper right in the heart of UVA country:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/servlet/Satel...ath=!sports

Coach Brown really talks up Jamar in the interview.

From the Richmond newspaper:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satel...;path=%21sports

The coach says of UA: "They've been to this tournament more times than we have," Leitao said of the Great Danes, "and so they're going to come in with a very high air of confidence. I'm sure they're looking at us as a team that they know they can beat."

Leitao's mentor is Jim Calhoun, who will certainly provide info of this season's pasting of us up at Storrs.

The assistant coach is Rob Lanier, who was the head coach at Siena when we beat them by 21. I'm quite sure he will help UVA's strategy against us.

From the Charlottesville newspaper right in the heart of UVA country:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/servlet/Satel...ath=!sports

Coach Brown really talks up Jamar in the interview.

Too bad they refer to Jamar as a junior.

Because looking at the Albany roster card before filing the story would've been so hard.....

Virginia is the best possible 4 seed matchup for Albany. I went to BC for grad school and live in Boston, so I have seen UVa a few times. They have nothing down low and get 75% of their offense from PG Singletary and SG Reynolds. Cain is really the third option, and he is a little Brent Wilson-like. They have some athletic post players, but they are not really options. Virginia is like a big school Albany.

I have to tell you, I would almost think about Lillis on Reynolds, and have him shut him down. Singletary is more effective as a pass first, penetrating PG. Maybe even a box-and-one zone defense with Lillis chasing Reynolds. If Singletary shoots 3s all day, we will be alright.

Virginia is the best possible 4 seed matchup for Albany. I went to BC for grad school and live in Boston, so I have seen UVa a few times. They have nothing down low and get 75% of their offense from PG Singletary and SG Reynolds. Cain is really the third option, and he is a little Brent Wilson-like. They have some athletic post players, but they are not really options. Virginia is like a big school Albany.

I have to tell you, I would almost think about Lillis on Reynolds, and have him shut him down. Singletary is more effective as a pass first, penetrating PG. Maybe even a box-and-one zone defense with Lillis chasing Reynolds. If Singletary shoots 3s all day, we will be alright.

HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT TED!

Archived