UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Carl Ross Dunk on SC

Hey all,

Been reading this forum for about 2 years.. but haven't really posted to date. Just figured I'd introduce myself...

Anyways, I put on SportsCenter and the intro clip which shows a montage of highlights had Ross' dunk against Vermont in it. Just figured that was cool - any exposure is positive. Typically though, whatever highlights they show in the beginning are sporadically sprinkled in the show....

Anyways, Go Danes!!! Taking the longest lunch of my life on Friday and hitting up a sports bar in the city. Anyone know if theres Albany alum in NYC who plan on gathering together or some spot people watch it at? I still havent found anything to date...

I think we have a legit shot - match up well and we are poised. I think a lot of people are forgetting that UVA hasnt been to the Big Dance in quite some time. We have nothing to lose and it will be interesting to see how they handle the pressure. Our guard combo, while it isn't as good as theirs, can shut them down. Jamar is just that special. He will need to be extremely aggressive in the beginning and hope to set the tone and draw some fouls on them. I think the key to this game is Brent though. If he can make his player guard him deep on the perimeter, and hit a few 3's, it will greatly increase our chances against their athletic team.

GO UA!

Anyways, Go Danes!!! Taking the longest lunch of my life on Friday and hitting up a sports bar in the city. Anyone know if theres Albany alum in NYC who plan on gathering together or some spot people watch it at? I still havent found anything to date...

NYC ALUMS AND FANS:

Join fellow alumni at Gallway Hooker, on 7th East 36th Street (between 5th and Madison Avenue) this Friday, March 16 to cheer on your UAlbany GREAT DANES as they play the University of Virginia. The party starts at 12 noon, with drink and lunch specials; Game begins at 12:15 pm. First 100 alumni in the door will receive free UAlbany Basketball T-shirts.

Come for a long lunch, or take a half day and start the weekend early. We've got the entire first floor reserved and a the Albany Game will be on their humongous projection TV as well as most of their flat screens. Reply with questions, or we'll see you Friday!

Congratulations also to Men's Lacrosse for their huge wins against Hopkins and Delaware. We're planning a party for the game against Stony Brook on Long Island on April 7 at 12 noon. More news to come.

Please copy the text of this email and send it to your friends!!!!!!!!!

While on AOL sports, click on the Carl Ross pic for a column by Jim Armstrong and guess who is in the first pic on that page, it's Jamar. Caption says we should win 1 round because of our great nickname.

Just went to AOL sports and right there on the front page is Carl Ross!!. Same pic that was here on the board, him celebrating his dunk before coming down to earth. Check it out.

I just went to AOLSports and that is pretty sweet exposure. On the ESPN Bracket show last night, the montage ended with Jamar 'shirt-popping' on the UVM court....Also pretty sweet.

Archived