UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Track Results from Miami

Full results link:

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/w-t...dayresults.html

GERED BURNS & MARC PALLOZZI SHINE AT MIAMI'S HURRICANE TRACK & FIELD INVITATIONAL

Coral Gables, Fla. -- Seniors Gered Burns and Marc Pallozzi both won their events with NCAA East qualifying regional marks at the final day of the Hurricane Invitational, held at Cobe Stadium on Saturday, March 17. Burns ran the 800-meters in 1:49.44, while Pallozzi recorded a throw of 208-feet, 1-inch in the javelin.

Felipe Reyes recorded a leap of 23-feet, 3.25-inches in the long jump, good for a third place showing, while Freddie Willis finished fifth with 22-feet, 6.25-inches. Pat Weider teamed with Junior Burnett, Raphael Jean-Baptiste and Dieusel Joseph in the 4x100m relay that finished third in 41:42. The 4x400m relay crossed the line fourth in a time of 3:14.59 (Junior Burnett 49.4, Joe Greene 47.5, Andrew Overbaugh 49.5, Gered Burns 48.0). Michael Lynch finished 4th in the Discus at 159'10"

In the women's competition, Jessica Ortman came second in the 800m and 1,500m in 2:12.99 and 4:39.00, respectively. Sarah Charles finished fifth in the triple jump with a leap of 39-feet, 5.75- inches, while Jennifer Gurrant finished 10th in that event with a jump of 37-feet, 7.75-inches.

The Great Danes return to action on Saturday, March 24 when they compete at Army's Dick Shea Open.

Full results link:

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/w-t...dayresults.html

GERED BURNS & MARC PALLOZZI SHINE AT MIAMI'S HURRICANE TRACK & FIELD INVITATIONAL

Coral Gables, Fla. -- Seniors Gered Burns and Marc Pallozzi both won their events with NCAA East qualifying regional marks at the final day of the Hurricane Invitational, held at Cobe Stadium on Saturday, March 17. Burns ran the 800-meters in 1:49.44, while Pallozzi recorded a throw of 208-feet, 1-inch in the javelin.

Felipe Reyes recorded a leap of 23-feet, 3.25-inches in the long jump, good for a third place showing, while Freddie Willis finished fifth with 22-feet, 6.25-inches. Pat Weider teamed with Junior Burnett, Raphael Jean-Baptiste and Dieusel Joseph in the 4x100m relay that finished third in 41:42. The 4x400m relay crossed the line fourth in a time of 3:14.59 (Junior Burnett 49.4, Joe Greene 47.5, Andrew Overbaugh 49.5, Gered Burns 48.0). Michael Lynch finished 4th in the Discus at 159'10"

In the women's competition, Jessica Ortman came second in the 800m and 1,500m in 2:12.99 and 4:39.00, respectively. Sarah Charles finished fifth in the triple jump with a leap of 39-feet, 5.75- inches, while Jennifer Gurrant finished 10th in that event with a jump of 37-feet, 7.75-inches.

The Great Danes return to action on Saturday, March 24 when they compete at Army's Dick Shea Open.

I hope UA fans recognize how incredible these track athletes are! I think, at best, I ran a 2:07 in high school in the 800m, and a 5:00 mile. To see times like 1:49.44 in the 800m blows my mind! And four guys running subustantially sub-50-second 400m times in the relay --- nice! Whether these times win meets or not is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. The training and mental toughness associated with this sport will serve them the rest of their lives. The dedication that these kids are putting in every day to obtain times like this blows me away. Track and field and cross country, IMHO, are perhaps some of the most challenging sports out there, and they are activities that require daily work just to maintain your present abilities and improve. I know that if I take more than a couple days off, I start to decline in my distance running ability. Very impressive UAlbany T&F, and keep up the great work!

Archived