UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Artavius Fisher

Artavious Fisher verballed to Siena. Prof...I have heard you talk a bit about him. Personally, I think he is going to a league that is a step up for him. He would have been a decent AE player...but I dont think the MAAC is his level. Then again if you look at Jamar, slight of build, no one would have expected his numbers.

Fisher is 5’10” and has a 83 average and is qualified. He is a combo guard, he is capable of giving some minutes at the point. As for his level he had offers (not only interest but offers from the CAA (James Madison) and the A10 ( Bonnies) also had offers from BU and Hartford along with half the MAAC ( Canisius, Iona and Manhattan ) After he got the qualifying score Evansville and Creighton out of the Missouri valley conference were interested although I don’t believe either had yet offered

So on paper he looks like a good fit for the MAAC hoopscoop has him rated 260 as most internet site have him top 300 player. As all freshmen until he gets here we won’t know for sure, but he looks like a good “get” for Siena. We really need a shooter and in Tay we got one of the best in the high school ranks. He has a great shot of breaking the NYS record for career 3 pointers ( 308) and becoming the all time leader scorer in section 9(Kinston area