UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New Blog Entry From Coach

Coach shares some thoughts with us fans today, as follows!

The staff has been very busy. We are trying to finish off our 2007 recruiting class. We recently signed 6’7 275 power forward Al Turley from Houston Westfield HS, TX. Al will bring great size to our frontcourt. He is a physical presence and is a very good athlete for a player his size. He led the city of Houston in block shots. Hopefully our fans will enjoy his rim rattling dunks! We will now look to bring in some perimeter scoring to complete our recruiting class.

We are very proud of our basketball program. The young men really came together as a team this year. The way they kept their composure in Burlington, VT was very impressive. They showed a lot of mental and physical toughness. This team just found a way to get it done!

The game against Virginia in the NCAA Tournament was not how we wanted our season to end. Unfortunately we did not play well. I thought Virginia played very well and set the tone in the early going. We made one of our first thirteen shots. You are not going to beat many teams when you are that cold. We really did appreciate all of our loyal supporters making the trip out to Ohio. We just wish we could have played better.

It was nice to see some of the young men rewarded by the America East Conference and coaches at the conference tournament banquet. Jamar was named POY, Brian Lillis DPOY, Jason Siggers 1st Team AE, and Brent Wilson 3rd Team AE. All of them had outstanding seasons.

The future of our program is bright. We are excited about next year. The young men in our program need to continue to improve and they will on a daily basis. We have high expectations for our newcomers but we also realize that they will need time to adjust to college. Our goal is to get to a 3rd consecutive NCAA Tournament. Somehow we need to find a way!

Our schedule next year will be as challenging as any schedule that I have ever assembled. We will have no nights off! Every time we step on the floor it will be a battle. Our goal is for the non-conference schedule to get us ready for conference play. I think the conference will be up for grabs.

We would like to congratulate and thank Coach Eaton as he heads to Quinnipiac University. He did an outstanding job for us the past two years. We had an outstanding staff. I thought we had a deep and balanced staff. I do not expect that to change as we move forward.

We would also like to wish Mike Yocum and Mike Knight the best as they move on to other institutions. Mike Yocum will continue his playing career at Philadelphia University and Mike Knight will be heading to Seattle University.

Lastly, I am very excited to be the coach at the University at Albany. St. Bonaventure offered me a wonderful opportunity but my heart was in Albany, NY. Thanks again to everybody for all of their support.

It was really good to see some news from Coach Brown. A lot has happened in the last month, and I found it very rewarding to hear the news from the coach himself. I appreciate the time and effort he takes to inform us of what is going on. Not every coach finds the time to thank the fanbase.

I was surprised to see the part about how challenging the schedule would be next year. I was pretty sure Coach Brown said during the season that he would try to have a somewhat easier schedule next season after losing Jamar and Siggers. I guess having the tougher schedule gets you ready for situations like Patrick Gym in March.

Archived