UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Updated AE Commish Cup Standings

I asked the questions about how Softball's third straight title helps UA in the Commish Cup. Doing the math, the most updated standings are what I have (NOTE - THIS IS BASED ON MY MATH...IT COULD BE RIGHT IT COULD BE WRONG)

1. Boston (356)

2. UAlbany (329)

3. UMBC (273)

4. Binghamton (268)

5. Vermont (253)

6. UNH (240)

7. Stony Brook (230)

8. Maine (200)

9. Hartford (185)

Based on the above standing, UAlbany needs 28 points to beat out Boston. This means it comes down to Baseball. Based on the current standings, the best UAlbany can do in the regular season is third. For UAlbany to win the Commish Cup, it needs its baseball team to be seeded #3 in the Tournament AND win the Tournament! Finishign fourth in the regular season would leave the Great Danes short. A third place finish and a championship would give Albany the 1 point to beat Boston.

Whatever happens, who ever wins this cup is winning it by less then 20 points.

Like I said these are my numbers. If I did the math correct, then it could be right or wrong.

For UAlbany to win the Commish Cup, it needs its baseball team to be seeded #3 in the Tournament AND win the Tournament! Finishign fourth in the regular season would leave the Great Danes short. A third place finish and a championship would give Albany the 1 point to beat Boston.

Albany enters the last weekend one game behind Maine and 1/2 ahead of UVM. We play four games at UVM and Maine hosts league-leading Binghamton. So we need to win two more than Maine this weekend to accomplish step 1, finishing third.

Albany baseball took three of four from Vermont this weekend. We need Bing to sweep their doubleheader at Maine to get sole possession of third place - UA finished 13-11, Maine is 12-10 going into tomorrow.

I guess we find out if GreatDanes84's math was correct: Warrings, Gregory and Beaulieu combine for a six-hit shutout and Albany gets to another NCAA tournament this year. A two-out walk, wild pitch and Wyland single in the fifth for the only run

Beaulieu comes in to strike out two hitters with the tying run on third in the ninth.

remember I am becoming a Social Studies teacher, not math!! I think my math is right and we take the cup. Whatever the case, this is being taken by less then 20 points.

Archived