UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLL screws Thomson and Resetarits

You want to talk about total bogus stuff. Read the following from Inside Lacrosse.com's blog of tonight MLL Draft, held on Long Island.

"By the way, some of you may be wondering why Frank Resetarits, who I thought would go top 5-6, is. Reseterits and Merrick Thomson both didn't attend the Warrior Major League Challenge today (they were expected to). Word has it that because of that, the MLL decided that they would not be allowed to be picked until the THIRD round.

My opinion - a very bad decision. This punishes the teams. Now Boston and Washington will get first crack at these two and I really believe that Reseterits is a first-round caliber pick.

If you want to punish the players, draft them and then fine them or something, but teams that thought they had a first-round advantage got screwed by the decision of the league.

Also of note, the 21st pick (first in the third round) originally belonged to Chicago, who traded it to Washington, who traded it to Boston. Had Chicago known that they'd be guaranteed Resetarits or Thomson in the third round, would they have still made that original trade? Would Washington have? Who knows?"

FRANK WAS PICKED IN THE THIRD ROUND BY WASHINGTON!!!!!!! WHEN HE WAS NAMED THE #2 PROSPECT FROM LAXPOWER PRIOR TO THE DRAFT. MERRICK WENT UNDRAFTED!!!!

I am sorry, but that really gets me. I don't know the excuse, but to punish these two is terrible. You know Frank was in Washington DC till late yesterday with a chance to win the biggest honor in college lacrosse!

However, Washington traded him to Long Island for Ryan Moran and its second round 2008 pick.

You want to talk about total bogus stuff. Read the following from Inside Lacrosse.com's blog of tonight MLL Draft, held on Long Island.

Not just on Long Island but at Stony Brook. No wonder.

Archived