UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Website connection problems

I freely admit I am not the most tech savvy individual...for some reason I can not access the new UA sports website on my home computer (windows xp) I can access on other computers...has anyone else experienced this problem...error message say I am not connected to the internet...which is not true...any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

What version of Internet Explorer are you using? You could try using a different type of Internet browser (i.e., Mozilla, Netscape). I haven't had any problems with XP or Vista, but I suspect any problems/issues are due to the browser of choice and its issues, as opposed to the operating system that one uses.

What version of Internet Explorer are you using? You could try using a different type of Internet browser (i.e., Mozilla, Netscape). I haven't had any problems with XP or Vista, but I suspect any problems/issues are due to the browser of choice and its issues, as opposed to the operating system that one uses.

I have had problems viewing the main page of the Athletics Dept in the regular (older) Dane UA website. It was the only page affected, and it didn't matter whether I was using IE or Netscape. I saw the same effect where there was little visible content on the page.

After a couple weeks or months, then I would return to the same page, and everything would view as it should. Someone suggested that the problem could be due to downloading MS patches. I haven't tested out that theory.

It is just frustrating to have problems and not see a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for the advice...problem solved!!!

I deleted the "google" attachment/whatchamacallit/thingie (tech terms for the uninitiated and or the inept amongst us...this means me!!) and now the new UA website loads!

Good summer to all...gonna take a few weeks off...

Archived