UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

So a buddy of mine went to Israel and was able to check out the new Israeli Baseball League. Apparently UAlbany has a professional baseball player and a world ranked competitive eating champion:

Leon Feingold, a 33-year old right-handed pitcher out of SUNY Albany, has an especially colorful background. At 6'6 and 245 pounds, he has been ranked 12th by the IFOCE -- the International Federation of Competitive Eating! He has played in the Cleveland Indians organization.

The even more funny part is he is from my home town of Oceanside.

any of our older members remember him?

• 2 weeks later...
So a buddy of mine went to Israel and was able to check out the new Israeli Baseball League. Apparently UAlbany has a professional baseball player and a world ranked competitive eating champion:

Leon Feingold, a 33-year old right-handed pitcher out of SUNY Albany, has an especially colorful background. At 6'6 and 245 pounds, he has been ranked 12th by the IFOCE -- the International Federation of Competitive Eating! He has played in the Cleveland Indians organization.

The even more funny part is he is from my home town of Oceanside.

any of our older members remember him?

Remember him? I played with Leon in the IBL this summer. For a great video of Leon punting his glove well enough to earn a tryout with the Giants at Albany's practice field, search Leon Feingold IBL on youtube. It's pretty funny. Meanwhile, Leon was very competitive pitching for the Netanya Tigers, but my Bet Shemesh Blue Sox took the inaugural IBL championship trophy by beating the Modi'in Miracle 3-0 last Sunday on the back of righty Raf Bergstrom's 3 hit, no walk gem.

It was a good start for our new league as we had some really serious talent from 8 different countries playing in the land of milk and honey. Check out the IBL website at www.israelbaseballleague.com for information and pics from this past season.

Shalom y'all and play ball!

Alan Gardner

:)

Archived