UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

new housing on the horizon at UA

madDOG

excerpt of the story in 'The Business Review'

UAlbany begins planning process for much-needed campus housing

A growing demand for on-campus housing at the University at Albany will mean more work for planners, architects, builders and developers.

The university estimates it needs up to 1,000 more beds at its uptown and downtown campuses to house a population that stands at about 17,000 undergraduate and graduate students.

full article:

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/...y11.html?page=1

Any word on the Football Stadium project? I was crossing my fingers for some sort of announcement prior to the start of the new season.

correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the state been closing building on the area next to the campus. With the way the campus is growing and being one of the major research institutions, don't you think maybe starting to expand campus on that land. Just an idea. I am by far knowledgeable in this kind of stuff, but just something i heard.

correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the state been closing building on the area next to the campus. With the way the campus is growing and being one of the major research institutions, don't you think maybe starting to expand campus on that land.

It's true that for the last half of Pataki's years, 'the plan' was to convert the Harriman State Office Campus to private (taxpaying) use over the next ten years, and three or four buildings have been emptied. But the last anyone heard, there was insufficient interest by business or developers. University use wouldn't add the land to the city tax rolls, though Sematech is interested. Also, two of the buildings closest to the University were originally planned to stay in govt use.

T-U story

Using the office campus isn't that far-fetched; when the South Mall- Empire State Plaza was being built downtown in the 60s it was thought there would be so much space there that the uptown campus could be turned over to the university. Didn't work out then either.

Archived