UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I'm not a big fan of Computer based ranking systems, but for what it's worth the new Sagarin rankings have us at #44 in FCS and 156 overall in Division I.

I was looking at the rankings on RealTimeRPI the other day and the rankings had me a little puzzled, so I will defer to the more knowledgable posters.

I have always believed that a partial scholly FCS would get trounced by a full scholly BCS team, but these rankings seen to suggest otherwise.

For the more versed, is there any way UAlbany would currently beat a full scholly BCS school, no matter how bad they are?

There's always a way. The bottom end of FBS teams get trounced by the top of FCS teams. Most don't get scheduled because its a lose-lose for the FBS team. So we should be thinking of ourselves against bottom-end FBS teams the same way we think of ourselves against the top of FCS, ie: Delaware, UMass, UNH, etc.....

Rhode Island took Army to overtime this year and should have won. Rhode Island is 1-7 this year, with a comparable loss against Hofstra 37-24.

A list of this year's FBS v. FCS games and results can be found at

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article...articleid=87537

Wins so far:

W 9/1 Appalachian St, 34 ; Michigan, 32

W 9/1 Nicholls State, 16 ; Rice, 14

W 9/8 Northern Iowa, 24 ; Iowa State, 13

W 9/8 Southern Ill, 34 ; Northern Ill, 31

W 9/15 New Hampshire, 48 ; Marshall, 35

W 9/15 McNeese State, 38 ; UL Lafayette, 17

W 9/22 North Dakota St, 44 ; Central Mich, 14

W 10/20 North Dakota St, 27 ; Minnesota, 21

W 10/27 Delaware, 59 ; Navy, 52