UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I read over on AGS about our 2008 schedule. If we don't have 45-50 scholarships this is just a stupid idea. To play 3 or 4 CAA teams armed with 30 scholarships is a great way to start off 0-3 in 08. Fordham and SBU who are both very beatable are off the schedule. Can we beat RI? Yes we can. Can we take Delaware, New Hampshire and I forget who else? probably not! Are any of these games money games? Is this being done for paydays for the stadium?

Remember next year our D may need to be rebuilt a little bit. O looks solid for at least 2 more seasons.

If we want to play at this level of football then just upgrade already to 63 and stop the Bull $hit (I know, I know what about Title 9????...spend the $ and increase schollies for the women's sports) and go independant already. If the NEC goes to 45-50 rides then great. BOTTOM LINE INCREASE THE ATHLETIC BUDGET ALREADY! Where is the $ coming from? Where did it come from to increase it to the levels it is at?

I hate to agree on some level with Detroit Flyer "What good is scheduling these teams if you can't beat them consistently?" Stay with the PL because we have a chance to beat the teams in the PL! I know scheduling is hard and I do not want a San Diego type schedule but c'mon this is suicide

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read over on AGS about our 2008 schedule. If we don't have 45-50 scholarships this is just a stupid idea. To play 3 or 4 CAA teams armed with 30 scholarships is a great way to start off 0-3 in 08. Fordham and SBU who are both very beatable are off the schedule. Can we beat RI? Yes we can. Can we take Delaware, New Hampshire and I forget who else? probably not! Are any of these games money games? Is this being done for paydays for the stadium?

Remember next year our D may need to be rebuilt a little bit. O looks solid for at least 2 more seasons.

If we want to play at this level of football then just upgrade already to 63 and stop the Bull $hit (I know, I know what about Title 9????...spend the $ and increase schollies for the women's sports) and go independant already. If the NEC goes to 45-50 rides then great. BOTTOM LINE INCREASE THE ATHLETIC BUDGET ALREADY! Where is the $ coming from? Where did it come from to increase it to the levels it is at?

I hate to agree on some level with Detroit Flyer "What good is scheduling these teams if you can't beat them consistently?" Stay with the PL because we have a chance to beat the teams in the PL! I know scheduling is hard and I do not want a San Diego type schedule but c'mon this is suicide

I HAVE TO AGREE...EMPHATICALLY! We need to start $ienating or get off the pot.

I read that schedule here (forgot who posted it), so I went over to AGS to find out the dilly.

If it goes as scheduled, the 12 game schedule looks like this:

at Delaware

UMASS- Where?

at UNH

OPEN

OPEN

Duquense (tough)

RMU (tough)

CCSU (tough)

Monmouth (tough)

Sacred Heart (winnable)

St. Francis (winnable)

Wagner (winnable)

I count at LEAST 7 games that are tough- One of the open dates is rumored to be URI or Fordham. Fordham seems to be out. I heard awhile back a Big South team was on, but I dont know.

I sat next to an Alabama grad/fan on a flight up to Albany recently. He had no sympathy for UA and the stadium at all. I tried my best to convince them that state funding was necessary. He said it should be private and Alabama does this privately. Long story short, he said we should do money games. Are these money games? If they're money games, I say this makes a lot of sense.

We should have one or two money games on our schedule for the next few years. Any more and it's a killer.

ps I think that Alabama fan was full of it. Alabama and all those southern state schools float in state money.

I sat next to an Alabama grad/fan on a flight up to Albany recently. He had no sympathy for UA and the stadium at all. I tried my best to convince them that state funding was necessary. He said it should be private and Alabama does this privately. Long story short, he said we should do money games. Are these money games? If they're money games, I say this makes a lot of sense.

We should have one or two money games on our schedule for the next few years. Any more and it's a killer.

ps I think that Alabama fan was full of it. Alabama and all those southern state schools float in state money.

He is full of it...they do float money in a variety of different ways. No way schools come up with 100's of millions to refurbish stadiums. Someone is giving something on the backend.

I would assume the UD game nets us a LARGE sum of money (wasn't Montana in the upper thousands--90 or so?). I think UNH and UMASS would be in the 10k range. Still, if we can bring in 100k and endow that money, that is the cost of 8 scholarships (out of state) over time.

He is full of it...they do float money in a variety of different ways. No way schools come up with 100's of millions to refurbish stadiums. Someone is giving something on the backend.

What's worse is this guy has lived in Albany for 10 years and flys to Alabama for every home football game. A sports fan like that doesn't have empathy for New York's flagship... man we're SOL.

That will indeed be a tough schedule. Hey, what the heck, Army has an open date. Why not schedule them for the 12th game. UNH opens up with Army and will probably win. You want name recognition. There you go.

Didn't CCSU schedule one of the directional Michigans? Western or Central or something? If CCSU can schedule them, we can schedule Army. I don't think they're much easier than Army. I'll give you a scouting report on Army. I'm going to their game Saturday at Central Michigan with my brother, a West Point grad. I'd love Albany v Army, a great local and family rivalry... I'd also love to see it in an actual stadium hah ha :closedeyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Ford quoted in today's Gazette : "If you think our schedule was tough this year, listen to next year's schedule. We are playing UMass, Fordham, New Hampshire, Hofstra, and Delaware to start the season. Four of those games are on the road."

Holy *&%$#! That is like Murderers' Row.

I would guess from that list of schools on the schedule that we are most likely looking for a move into the CAA sometime in the not too distant future.

Holy *&%$#! That is like Murderers' Row.

I would guess from that list of schools on the schedule that we are most likely looking for a move into the CAA sometime in the not too distant future.

Looking very interesting, and I love it!

Playin the big dogs on a regular basis, and if we can pull out some wins in that stretch, it'll be great exposure for our program. And I do believe we can win a few of them. The team now has some experience on what it takes to play with the big boys, and so does the coaching staff.

Anyone have links to the article which quoted Bob Ford, and another one for the 08 schedule?

They way it looks, there will be four, possibly all five, playoff teams.

Right now they rank in the AGS poll as follows:

4. Massachusetts 7-1 (only loss to Boston College...close too)

7. New Hampshire 6-2 (beat Marshall)

8. Delaware 7-1 (Just beat Navy)

21. Hofstra 6-2

26. Fordham 6-2

This could get ugly. However if the NEC gets an auto-bid next year we'll know what are chances are.

Fordham is the only home game by the way.

So once again we will have only have four home games. Still think its a bad idea to get some temporary bleachers until the stadium is built? You do realize that our team is a distinct disadvantage when they have to travel 7 out of 11 games during the season.

The only games I see us having a decent shot at winning is Hofstra and Fordham.

If we win three of these games it will be a miracle.

Archived