UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Thoughts on CCSU and Dayton

WOW is all I can say. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEC CHAMPS!!!!! Well done fellas. Even picky ol me can't say a word. Complete domination in every phase of the game. CCSU IMHO was overated and Dayton will be far better. They need this game again in 2 weeks.

FWIW I think if UA had 3 more scholarship players on Offense and Defense for a total of 6 we would be able to hang/BEAT mid tier to upper tier CAA teams now! I know this sound foolish like the dumb Stony Brook quote but these kids can flat out play!

Give Fordie and his staff 63 rides and a new facility and we are challenging for a national title in 3 years from that point in time, FACT!!!!!! We are so much better then anyone in the NEC its a shame we didn't get a bid. I have said from opening day that Colgate would haunt us.

For my breakdown on Dayton see the AGS board under Dayton vs Albany. I hope this game gets telkevised on ESPNU or something.

We've already proven we can play with mid-tier CAA teams. Hofstra was a mid-tier CAA team and we could have beaten them. We were not overmatched in that game.

And you know what's even better.....we've only got 13 Seniors on our TWO-DEEP!

On Zero positions with senior-senior two deep.

We got a few more years in this team with scholarship players coming behind them. Oh baby.

We need to get to get to 63 or at least 45. I know we will be better when all 30 are implemenbted and our core players are in tact, but we are still going to be considered a mid major. Besides, this NEC AQ is not a done deal. We need to get into a new conference if this does not take shape. this expansion of the CAA better happen soon.

Not to be arrogant but I don't want to play SFA, RM, Wagner, and SHU any more. I want Delaware, Nova, UMASS etc. and be able to beat them with consistency...sorry that sounds snobbish but It is where we should be.

We need to get to get to 63 or at least 45. I know we will be better when all 30 are implemenbted and our core players are in tact, but we are still going to be considered a mid major. Besides, this NEC AQ is not a done deal. We need to get into a new conference if this does not take shape. this expansion of the CAA better happen soon.

Not to be arrogant but I don't want to play SFA, RM, Wagner, and SHU any more. I want Delaware, Nova, UMASS etc. and be able to beat them with consistency...sorry that sounds snobbish but It is where we should be.

It doesn't sound snobbish. I agree whole-heartedly. I just don't want to follow the same path SBU has followed. We can build consistently and have a little fun on the side winning conference championships .

With that being said, if the NEC AQ falls through and/or the league DOES NOT go to 45 rides soon, I'll be the strongest proponent to saying bye-bye to the NEC.

I totally agree about not wanting to play -- on a regular conference-schedule basis -- those schools anymore. If we're going to play football at what was formerly called Division I-AA, we should be playing and competing with other premier "Div. I-AA" state universities; to wit, Delaware and UMASS, among others.

Archived