UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Community Breakfast Forum followup

UAalum72

In a letter asking for feedback, how the community could advance the Multi-Purpose Complex, and how the Complex will advance economic development and community revitalization, the 'quick facts' include a start date of building construction of November 2008, on a 10-14,000 seat stadium slated for December 31, 2010.

In a letter asking for feedback, how the community could advance the Multi-Purpose Complex, and how the Complex will advance economic development and community revitalization, the 'quick facts' include a start date of building construction of November 2008, on a 10-14,000 seat stadium slated for December 31, 2010.

Thanks for the stadium update. Living out of state, it's tough to get current news.

I was hoping the stadium would be in place for the 2010 season but as long as they break ground next year, I'm happy. I know the seating number has bounced from 10k to 16k. Man, I hope it's 16k. 10k... it's not much. Don't know what else to say.

Merry Christmas ( Happy Holidays)

&

Happy New Year

Especially to Mr. & Mrs. Dane Pound

Thanks for all your efforts on behalf of ALL the Dane Fans

Happy Holidays to ALL the Dane Fans

May we all have a happy and healthy Holiday Season!!!!

Wrong topic but the message is correct

I was on AGS this morning. It appears that UNC Charlotte is moving towards adding FCS football and then jumping to FBS. This is the same story I hear from Georgia State. USF just went straight to FBS football. It's happening everywhere I look. Why can all these schools jump right to FBS (or with a short stint in full scholarship FCS) and New Yorkers just scoff at the idea?. I heard the Big East is looking at (I wish I was FSU) UCF? Man, does northeast football have any role in FBS any more? The southern schools (east and west) are adding their 2nd and 3rd tier schools to the FBS ranks. Florida International, Georgia State, UNC Charlotte... Those are the schools you go to if you can't get into Florida, UGA or UNC. Wanna be SEC and ACC schools.

If SUNY was anywhere other than NY, all four university centers would be FBS and we'd be talking about whether New Paltz and Plattsburgh are going to make the jump. There would be SUNY shirts, mugs and merchandise in every convenience, athletics and department store in a three state radius.

All I want for Christmas is a horse in the race....

Why can all these schools jump right to FBS (or with a short stint in full scholarship FCS) and New Yorkers just scoff at the idea?.

Growth.

The article says UNCC has 21,600 students and will be over 35,000 by 2020.

Same with the big Florida schools.

Florida Gulf Coast U in Fort Myers is only nine years old, already has 9,000 students, and began Division I play this year (though they don't have football).

Maybe when snow and cold becomes attractive to the rest of the country, it will be easier to grow a program up here.

Why can all these schools jump right to FBS (or with a short stint in full scholarship FCS) and New Yorkers just scoff at the idea?.

Growth.

The article says UNCC has 21,600 students and will be over 35,000 by 2020.

Having visited UNCC a year ago, those 35,000 figures are a pie-in-the-sky number that probably won't be fulfilled that soon. They don't have enough room on campus for all those new students (and their towers, 10 years younger and 10 stories shorter than ours, look worse) and there are even waiting lists to get into any of the privately-run, Empire Commons-esque apartment complexes right off of campus. Though their campus has a bit more room than ours, there is between residential neighborhoods and businesses no room for them to grow unless they go to satellite campuses and they'd probably have to take a number for that too.

I have several friends who are members of the student group that is for UNCC football and though they'd like to be FBS ASAP, they know that depending on how things go it might be better to wait at FCS. You don't see Appalachian State rushing to go FBS, don't you?

Archived