UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Disappointing loss

18 turnovers is to many!!!!!!

Levi is still in a major funk - 5 TOs

Courtney 6 TOS

How does a team get 21 offensive rebounds and only have 22 total baskets?

Todd Martin and Knotts were terrible!

UNH plays 9 players 10+ minutes - UA plays 5 players 30+ minutes!!!

We take 11 more shots get 7 more rebounds including 8 more offensive rebounds.

and we lose by 6!!!!

This was disappointing at best!

Uninspiring effort last night and I can't see why. The tone was really set in the opening couple of minutes of the game when the usual energy and effort on defense wasn't there. On "Hoop Games" Wyland mentioned that the Danes may be over-confident after beating UNH on the road this year and the last several times. Brown of course pointed out they they had only won two conference games this year and had no reason to be overconfident. I wonder if that wasn't the problem last night.

The largest home crowd of the year for a game against the bottom (previously) team in the conference and the men didn't get it done. With a stretch of home games coming up it would have been great to give some first time RACC-goers a reason to come back and we didn't.

Dane Pound,

Very good observations on last night's game. I agree.

Sometimes I felt like our team was much more uptight than UNH. The team felt like it had to justify itself to the crowd. To compound it (no pun intended), UNH felt like it had more to prove.

I hope that the newcomers in the crowd felt the atmosphere was conducive enough despite the final outcome to return for another engagement.

Next year, when I hope we are much more competitive, I would suggest that we have two BPG's - one at the beginning of the season to entice new fans, and then the more traditional event around the same usual time. Of course, I realize that the first event would not be able to have the same name as BPG.

We have to get more people into the seats than in the last couple years. The RACC must be a place where the opposition will be much more intimidated than the home team. Having two such big events during one season might get our team a little calmer.

I agree that the BPG caused the men to press--Iati/Levine 11 for 35(31%) and in the 1st half probably closer to 20%. Rest of team shot 41% on 27 shots. The REST of the team HAS to take those 8-12 footers in the paint!! If they don't become at least a threat---Iati and Levine will not be able to have success. I think all of the starters are capable of scoring when in the paint---just pull the trigger!!