UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT: Siena among others being investigated

Clickclack

I have no idea what this means but I noticed it on the front page of TU.

My friend is a newly inserted VP at one of those companies. He was brought in to clean up those marketing practices. Many of them, especially the high school ones which are also under investigation by the Massachusetts AG, are based here in Boston.

Basically, the admin who sets up the trip abroad for the kids, has to go overseas to check things out. However, instead of going for a few days as would be necessary, the company makes it 3 weeks...paid for.

Basically, the charge is they are "BUYING" the business by bribing an admin with perks. The govt contends that the students MAY not be getting a better deal...and, if I remember correctly, all schools receive some sort of fed and state funding (e.g. tax breaks) and thus must give these kids the best deal possible. In other words, they must be comparison shoppers (the admins) who choose the best deal.

This is just an investigation...not charges. Big difference.

Archived