UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

University of Albany Men's Hockey

I, for one, was pleasantly surprised to stuble upon their website.

Imagine if we could get our Men's Hockey in D1... now that's an idea! - uofalbany

It surely would be phenominal - but with our lack of funding now think about - playing DI Hockey at Albany Academy. Building a proper facilty would be totally impossible to even think about and you know it would be wanted/needed.

Also think about the Title IX implications.

I think it's time to clean up our present house, in regard to our total lack of proper DI facilities (not just playing surfaces), many DIII schools have better overall facilities then UA!

Football, Track, Softball, Volleyball, Tennis and Baseball all need MAJOR upgrades. There is a great need for better facilities out by our "TWO" turf fields. SEFCU's lack of concession areas and proper bathroom facilities almost certainly keep us from hosting the AE Men's Hoop Tourney.

These are signs that the Athletic Department is doing great, our programs are developing at a rate that is/was totally unexpected and we have a need for better facilities in order to draw opponents to come to us and to influence recruits to come so we can compete at the next level.

JMHO

I, for one, was pleasantly surprised to stuble upon their website.

Imagine if we could get our Men's Hockey in D1... now that's an idea! - uofalbany

It surely would be phenominal - but with our lack of funding now think about - playing DI Hockey at Albany Academy. Building a proper facilty would be totally impossible to even think about and you know it would be wanted/needed.

Also think about the Title IX implications.

I think it's time to clean up our present house, in regard to our total lack of proper DI facilities (not just playing surfaces), many DIII schools have better overall facilities then UA!

Football, Track, Softball, Volleyball, Tennis and Baseball all need MAJOR upgrades. There is a great need for better facilities out by our "TWO" turf fields. SEFCU's lack of concession areas and proper bathroom facilities almost certainly keep us from hosting the AE Men's Hoop Tourney.

These are signs that the Athletic Department is doing great, our programs are developing at a rate that is/was totally unexpected and we have a need for better facilities in order to draw opponents to come to us and to influence recruits to come so we can compete at the next level.

JMHO

You are absolutely correct.

I would hope that we add D1 hockey down the road.

You know it isn't being, and won't be, considered for a long long time, if ever.

What gets me confused is why can't we slap down some bleachers stretching all the way along the foul lines in both the softball and baseball fields. My little league field had the same as what the university has now. At least give people the ability to sit and watch the game.

Is there any rule that says that any school can't have one program in D1 and another in D3, I know there are crossovers in LAX and Baseball i.e. Hobart.

Yes. Division I institutions must have all of their athletic programs in Division I. Division II schools may have one non-money sport (ie not basketball or football) in Division I. Division III must be III except for about eight that were grandfathered in (RPI, Clarkson, St. Lawrence and Union hockey, Johns Hopkins and Hobart lacrosse, etc.).

Basically lower divisions can play up one sport, but you can't play down.

Archived