UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gov. Paterson all doom & gloom

danefan

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07282008/news/...erun_121880.htm

ALBANY - Gov. Paterson, convinced the state faces its worst fiscal crisis since the mid-1970s, will deliver the grim news in an unprecedented special address to New Yorkers as soon as tomorrow night, The Post has learned.

The governor's address - which his aides hope will be televised by public and cable news stations - will say that plunging state revenues will force painful cuts in state services, necessitate a reduction in the state work force, possibly through layoffs, and require other difficult economic measures, source said.

Paterson is also expected to announce that he's ordered state agencies to slash spending beyond the relatively modest 3.3 percent cuts he ordered in late spring.

Ruh roh. I wonder how this will effect the funding for the stadium.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07282008/news/...erun_121880.htm

ALBANY - Gov. Paterson, convinced the state faces its worst fiscal crisis since the mid-1970s, will deliver the grim news in an unprecedented special address to New Yorkers as soon as tomorrow night, The Post has learned.

The governor's address - which his aides hope will be televised by public and cable news stations - will say that plunging state revenues will force painful cuts in state services, necessitate a reduction in the state work force, possibly through layoffs, and require other difficult economic measures, source said.

Paterson is also expected to announce that he's ordered state agencies to slash spending beyond the relatively modest 3.3 percent cuts he ordered in late spring.

Ruh roh. I wonder how this will effect the funding for the stadium.

I'll be happy as long as we can just get the down payment on a stadium (or whatever the start-up cost is) in next year's budget. Hopefully the stadium will make the top 3 of our list submitted to the State for capital expenditures next year. I think it was #4 on the list this year (our top 3 requests got funding).

I gotta think having one of us in the state senate would help the stadium project move along. Has anyone heard how Charlie Voelker's campaign is going? I signed up on his website and saw that he's been busy with a response to the Governor's speech and his TV ads start running today.

Could be great things for the danes!

I've heard many times the stadium is our #1 request. It's the right thing to do. Do it and be done with it. So much talk and procrastination in New York government.

I hope the state looks at this as a long term investment in its SUNY Center. It is also a short term and long term jobs program. During the Great Depression, we went on a government building spree.

At minimum, the state should allow us to borrow the money at discounted rates. This allows us to get started building and at a later date they can kick in money toward the debt.

Archived