UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Rise & Fall

"Enjoy"

Apparently, this dope thinks we are sinking, looks like the AE board missed the memo! I couldn't possibly disagree more with his assessment. :angry2:

bosiydid

I think you put way too much stock into predictions like this. They really don't mean squat. Every year in every sport even the experts are far off the mark many times.

Frankly I am not ready for basketball predictions yet as I am enjoying yet another day with the Tampa Rays in first place. I can't remember how many experts thought they had a chance of being ahead of the Red Sox's and the Yankees at this time. Also ask the Tigers how much the World Series predictions mean at this point. Every one starts off 0-0.

Remember the pro sports each have about 30 teams, not 300 + so it theoretically should be easier for the experts to "know" all the players and teams.

The thing about predictions that is fun to me is watching teams not predicted to do well come out of nowhere and watching teams that are supposed to be "top 40" underachieve.

As far as where the AE stands this year, it will play out. They play well and win more games than not against the peer leagues they will be ranked higher. You lose too many games against crap teams like Cansisus you will be ranked lower.

bob,

It did rankle my chain a bit reading it, I suppose that when you have as crappy a season as we all did last year, you probably don't deserve much respect. What irritated me more then the actually opinions of some two bit writer is the shots being taken by the MAAC fans. Granted, I probably shouldn't expect anything different from them.....especially now that they are expected to have a decent season. I'm not gonna lie, in light of their recent comments, I wouldn't mind for them to fall flat on their face....beating them at the TUC would take the cake.

bob,

It did rankle my chain a bit reading it, I suppose that when you have as crappy a season as we all did last year, you probably don't deserve much respect. What irritated me more then the actually opinions of some two bit writer is the shots being taken by the MAAC fans. Granted, I probably shouldn't expect anything different from them.....especially now that they are expected to have a decent season. I'm not gonna lie, in light of their recent comments, I wouldn't mind for them to fall flat on their face....beating them at the TUC would take the cake.

Bosiydid

I don't know why you put any stock in their opinions. I mean Siena isn't an Elite 8 team because a couple of those clowns think they are. They very well may be good this season especially when compared to the maac or they may be one very overrated team. Time will tell. If they even make it back to the ncaa's they will have accomplished something NO sienna basketball team every has.

The only purpose of that board is humor. Besides the Elite 8 nonsense, I find it funny how obsessed they are with the AE among other things. There is at least one idiot there who was so down that the AE was better than the maac in 2 years out of a 3 year period that he wants to compare 20 years ago. Who cares. 1/2 of the players on current rosters weren't even born 20 years ago. How many coaches were coaching then and how many teams weren't D1 back then. And yes the maac had a better basketball year last year than the AE. So what. Basketball is a ways away. It is time for some football. I'll take UA football and they can talk their basketball nonsense since they don't even have a football team.

Didn't know where to put this.....and didn't really want to start a new thread.....but another player bites the dust/over recruited at Siena. For the amount of sh*% they have consistently given us, the hypocrisy stinks to high heaven.

That's two this year!

Archived