UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA #3 SUNY in terms of starting and mid career salaries

madDOG

Why does it list as as State University of New York (SUNY) at Albany but it lists Bing as Bighamton University and SBU as Stony Brook University.

Shoddy research.

I could be wrong but I'm sure I've heard it said a few times that only Albany and Buffalo are still hanging on to the full name. Bingo and Stony Brook moved onto Binghamton University and Stony Brook University.

UA and UB are holding onto "State University of New York at ....."

The current name is way too long. I'm old school when it comes to state universities. The name should fit on a t-shirt and build state pride. Fill in the blank with one of these (Eastern, Northern, Capitol, State, Tech, International, Atlantic, whatever)

"xxxxxxx New York University" or "New York xxxxxx University"

You may be completely correct. I did find this information on Wikipedia, the source of all that is true (joking). Apparently the long name is still the legal name?

Evolution Section

"State University of New York at Albany (the University's legal name) June 1962 – present "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_at...ity_of_New_York

The name should always read: University of Albany.

Anything else is short changing our University.

At least SBU and BU seem to see the importance of an independent name.

University of New York and/or State University of New York name associations should have been in the mix along time ago, like the California University system etc.... but New York needed to frig things up with its university system. None of the University centers will ever want to ALL be labeled as University of NY Albany or University of NY Buffalo.

Therefore, I think University of Albany, a powerful, individualistic name all its own, is the best way to go.

The University of Albany has a million things to be proud of..... and a ton of history.... and a hell of alot of programs ranked in the top 25 nationally, but who the hell would know, seeing that New York knows not how to promote and take pride in its university centers.

WE ARE... ALBANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The name should always read: University of Albany.

Anything else is short changing our University.

At least SBU and BU seem to see the importance of an independent name.

University of New York and/or State University of New York name associations should have been in the mix along time ago, like the California University system etc.... but New York needed to frig things up with its university system. None of the University centers will ever want to ALL be labeled as University of NY Albany or University of NY Buffalo.

Therefore, I think University of Albany, a powerful, individualistic name all its own, is the best way to go.

The University of Albany has a million things to be proud of..... and a ton of history.... and a hell of alot of programs ranked in the top 25 nationally, but who the hell would know, seeing that New York knows not how to promote and take pride in its university centers.

WE ARE... ALBANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The chant is "UA UA UA UAAAAAA UA UA" not "SUNYAA SUNYAA SUNYAA SUNYAAAAAAA SUNYAA SUNYAA"

Archived