UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

REMINDER: UMass game two days away!

The T-U had a full page today, but only the introduction was online. The rest was some wire stories about 6 Heisman candidates not named Tebow, 5 teams that could go all the way, and two top-25 lists. Nothing on local, regional, or non-BCS.

That pull that crap off a wire service with no original material, right?

Unbelievable.

We are coming off one of the best seasons we've had with some high hopes and schedule worthy of national recognition and the TU has one story about local football the entire week - and it was about Union.

Thanks again TU.

I promised myself I wasn't going to get so made this year about the TU. So consider this my one and only "rant" for the season.

Friday's T-U takes note of the length of the opening road trip:

The road they'll travel

First published: Friday, August 29, 2008

When UAlbany leaves:

Average high/low temperatures: 77/55

Hours of daylight: 13 hours, 14 minutes

Baseball's regular season will have a month remaining

The NFL will be concluding its preseason schedule

When UAlbany returns:

Average high/low temperatures: 62/40

Hours of daylight: 11 hours, 15 minutes

Baseball will be in the League Championship Series

The NFL will be entering Week 6 of the regular season

Continuing a tradition of hard-hitting, in-depth sports journalism!

The print version actually takes up a third of the front page, has a picture of Damien, notes that no other Division I program has no home dates in August and September, contrasts to Nebraska having its first road game Oct. 11, and lists the size, founding, and a famous resident of each city, the opponent's ranking (and Duquesne's titles), the stadium, start time, and distance to each game. The total distance is 2,328 miles, the distance from Albany to Flagstaff, AZ.

So the story was done by a guy at his desk checking out Wikipedia and Google Maps.

Archived