UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

48 Commitments? Seems like a lot, is there a lot of attrition in track and field?

I'm not sure there is even roster limits for T&F. You only have so many entries in meets though. If kids are willing to practice without any scholarship money and knowing they may not compete than I would imagine they are allowed to . Assuming they don't adversly effect the rest of the team.

I think there are only ten or twelve scholarships allowed for T&F, so most of them must be on partials anyway. That's going to lead to a lot of attrition by itself, since it won't cost the student that much money if they feel like leaving the sport behind.

I think there are only ten or twelve scholarships allowed for T&F, so most of them must be on partials anyway. That's going to lead to a lot of attrition by itself, since it won't cost the student that much money if they feel like leaving the sport behind.

UAlbany is becoming synonymous with bigtime track and field. Kids in high school hear UAlbany and they start grouping us with the likes of UNC, Tennessee, V-Tech, etc. etc. Those teams "just" below the big time SEC schools.

Kids want to be apart of that and many are willing to do it without any money.

UAlbany is becoming synonymous with bigtime track and field. Kids in high school hear UAlbany and they start grouping us with the likes of UNC, Tennessee, V-Tech, etc. etc. Those teams "just" below the big time SEC schools.

Kids want to be apart of that and many are willing to do it without any money.

I'd love to see UA start tapping into the cross country power that is in NY. Its been done a little bit, but the focus of the track and field team has been just that-T&F.

Some of the best high school cross country teams in the nation are in NY and there's no real reason why Albany can't start pulling them in. Shen, Saratoga, Shaker are in Section 2. Warwick (two committments this year) sent both girls and boys cross country teams to the national championship this year. Thats a short two hour drive from Albany. Bronxville has always had a strong girls team. St. Anthony's on Long Island for boys. I'd love to see Albany swoop in and pick up a few of the top distance runners in NY.

Archived