UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TU Blog Entry

Link

I offered my opinion.....For what that's worth!

Mark,

The record is simply to difficult to predict but I can’t imagine we have a losing record, I think we’ll be at or over .500. As far as finish in the league….I would venture to say anywhere from 5-7 (conservative guesstimate). The AE will be an improved league and UA will be young and inexperienced although I think we will be more talented. The talent on paper looks really good but talent on paper doesn’t win games. It will depend on how quickly all of the new pieces come together, coach Brown certainly has his work cut out for him to mold this group into a cohesive unit. We should know a bit more when we see them at the purple and gold scrimmage. At this point to many new faces to make an accurate call…..I’m just guessing!

Personally...I simply cannot see us finishing lower than 4th in the league, and I think we will definitely have a winning record. I mean look at it this way...I understand that we are young, but coach Brown even said in the blog entry that the talent on this year's team is so much better than last years. Although we may be young, I really think coach will put the right players in the right situations to allow us to succeed. Don't forget to mention by the way that our projected starting 5 will all be upperclassmen except for Ambrose who is a soph. (Johnson (jr) Ambrose (soph) Hastings (sr) Connelly (sr) Gifford (jr)). Although there will be some young guys counted on for minutes, a lot of the key contributors will also be upperclassmen like the guys mentioned above, plus Barrazza, McCrae, etc. I really don't think the growing pains will be as bad as some make them out to be...

Rock - Is that your projected starting lineup or ours?

Do you know something we don't?

I follow the team as closely as possible and I have no clue who will start and I am really worried about the rest of the AE improving.

UVM is loaded, BU if they stay healthy are as good as anyone, UMBC has 2 First Teamers back and are the defending Champs, Hartford has everyone back and more depth, UNH is supposed to be much improved and Binghamton has unbelievable talent coming in.

Right now I don't know if we have someone capable of running the show - Prep and JC ball are totally different then DI ball.

Where will our leadership come from?

Will we be able to defend and rebound?

Do we have a "go to" guy when we need a score?

How is the chemistry with this group?

If Coach and the team can answer all the questions we'll be OK if not ?????

In the last three years we've finished 1st, 2nd and 2nd and won the AE Tourney twice so it's good to have high expectations, I just hope this group realizes what it takes to be good early in the year rather then late or at all!

Just my simple thoughts.

That was simply my prediction for a starting 5. I know that coach and no one else has any idea who will actually be starting. By saying what I said there, I was just trying to make the point that we are not as young as everyone thinks. We will have a lot of players contributing this year who are upperclassmen. I understand the team has a lot of question marks and all those points you made were extremely valid. In my personal opinion, I simply think people are underestimating the team this year, that's all. I know the conference will be strong, and a lot of people have upgraded in talent, but I think we have upgraded as well. It's very tough to make any sort of determination about the team until seeing them play and seeing the season start. By no means am I guaranteeing anything, or really putting any stock in anything until I see some live action. Just based on what I have read, and my opinions, I think some people are underestimating this year's squad that's all.

That was simply my prediction for a starting 5. I know that coach and no one else has any idea who will actually be starting. By saying what I said there, I was just trying to make the point that we are not as young as everyone thinks. We will have a lot of players contributing this year who are upperclassmen. I understand the team has a lot of question marks and all those points you made were extremely valid. In my personal opinion, I simply think people are underestimating the team this year, that's all. I know the conference will be strong, and a lot of people have upgraded in talent, but I think we have upgraded as well. It's very tough to make any sort of determination about the team until seeing them play and seeing the season start. By no means am I guaranteeing anything, or really putting any stock in anything until I see some live action. Just based on what I have read, and my opinions, I think some people are underestimating this year's squad that's all.

I rock,

I can't say I disagree with anything you said....this should be a very interesting season. I wouldn't be surprised if we turned some heads but I'm not comfortable predicting a top 4 finish simply because I have allot of questions and very few answers. I guess we'll have to see how it players out...I'm encouraged by Coach Brown saying we've upgraded the talent the rest we'll have to wait and see. No one expects anything from us this season, so there should be no pressure.

I like the Cape's optimism. I'm hoping for a finish in the top half of the conference as well.

A couple of reasons to believe:

-Last year we had the same inexperience questions going in to the season and Coach Brown did a good job of working a Juco (Hastings) and three freshman (Martin, Ambrose and Turley) into the rotation to finish second in the conference. I can only guess but were he available Billy Allen might have been in the rotation as well.

-Most peoples top two picks this year, BU and Vermont were swept by Albany last year!

-Since he's had a full roster Coach Brown has finished lower than fourth in the conference.

I agree the conference schedule could be a minefield this year. Not just one or two good teams like most years but potentially a handful this year.

Archived