UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is this a big weekend for UA sports ?

Classof72/74

UA football v Jacksonville -- post-season Gridiron Classic -- University Field/live YES TV

UA volleyball v #2 Stanford - first round of NCAA Championship

UA mens basketball v c-N-uh -- only the biggest drawing cross-town rivalry in the area, for the Mayors Cup

I guess I thought these might merit a mention on the university's main webpage or the electronic edition of Today@UAlbany

"If I am not for myself, who will be"

:blink:

I think Singlais is working on an article about the doubleheader day.

My point is UA, not the often-maligned Times-Union, should be doing the promotion on this, especially the Gridiron Classic. Maybe I've missed it, but I've not seen much.

Where's the encourgaement to football fans to come out and show the team from Florida how committed we all are, players & fans, to football the way its meant to be, regardless of the weather (heck college football started in this climate, long before it got adopted by the Sunshine State). How about promising free hot cider/coffee/tea??

Shouldn't the university want to put out its best effort to show enthusiasm and support, especially to the TV audience? How do you think a sparsely populated University Field, already a less-than-stellar venue, would look on YES, compared to stands that are filled, along with people who've brought their lawn chairs, blankets,etc to sit on the grassy hillside.

I suppose at this point I'm just disappointed -- Coach Ford and our players deserve better.

My point is UA, not the often-maligned Times-Union, should be doing the promotion on this, especially the Gridiron Classic. Maybe I've missed it, but I've not seen much.

Where's the encourgaement to football fans to come out and show the team from Florida how committed we all are, players & fans, to football the way its meant to be, regardless of the weather (heck college football started in this climate, long before it got adopted by the Sunshine State). How about promising free hot cider/coffee/tea??

Shouldn't the university want to put out its best effort to show enthusiasm and support, especially to the TV audience? How do you think a sparsely populated University Field, already a less-than-stellar venue, would look on YES, compared to stands that are filled, along with people who've brought their lawn chairs, blankets,etc to sit on the grassy hillside.

I suppose at this point I'm just disappointed -- Coach Ford and our players deserve better.

Very good points. There are many small and inexpensive things UA could be doing to promote this game.

As a Gator Hater, I hope we crush this Florida team and Bama rolls!

BTW, check out the post in the football section. It looks like the broadcast will be very professionally done. NFL style broadcast.

Those empty bleachers on the visitor's side are going to look great in HD.

They'd look even better if they were SURROUNDED by UA fans

HAHA....totally empty bleachers surrounded by fans would be awesome and would really highlight the deplorable conditions of U Field. :lol:

In all seriousness though, I don't expect to see anymore than 2,000 people there. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

I've received at least 3 e-mails on the game. Varsity Club and Alumni News e-mails as well. I'm not sure how many distribution lists I'm on.

Well, I'm on my way over to the field to get my "UA Saturday" going. Gonna be a long, fun day. Football then to the TUC for the pregame party and the game. Hope everyone has a fun day and hopefully we'll pull out a couple of wins. GO UA!

Archived