UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Buffalo Board

Clickclack

Found this <-Link discussion interesting! Who here wouldn't want a Simpson like guy for UA? We can fight their plan all we want (if we chose to fight it) but these guys are right, they have been working for years on a plan while we flounder around.

I might be in the minority, but they owe us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Simpson's job as will be the job of the new president at UA is to improve their respected institutions and fight for their school. As much as it PAINS ME....I can't fault them!

EDIT: Instead of fighting them, we should focus on what we can improve here!

Found this <-Link discussion interesting! Who here wouldn't want a Simpson like guy for UA? We can fight their plan all we want (if we chose to fight it) but these guys are right, they have been working for years on a plan while we flounder around.

I might be in the minority, but they owe us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Simpson's job as will be the job of the new president at UA is to improve their respected institutions and fight for their school. As much as it PAINS ME....I can't fault them!

President Simpson has taken every opportunity to throw the other SUNY Centers under the bus.

He crossed the line. I take offense when he attacked UAlbany!

President Simpson has taken every opportunity to throw the other SUNY Centers under the bus.

He crossed the line. I take offense when he attacked UAlbany!

IMO, it isn't so much that Simpson's actions have "attacked" UAlbany, so much as he has just ignored UAlbany. I understand the thinking that if any of the Centers sees gains above the others, then that will constitute an attack on funding for the other schools. But no one knows what would happen. And Simpson does not care. He's advocating for UB and to a lesser degree changes in SUNY's regulations. But, recall that he and President Kenny began working together. Even after the Spitzer fall-out, though they have not been hob-knobbing together, they continue to argue the same points. If you read her pages on SBU's site she calls for the same changes in SUNY that are in the "UB2020....Act" legislation, i.e. differential tuition, university flexibility to lease, sell, purchase land, etc. SBU has their own 5-Year Plan for overall improvement and growth to 27,000 students, so of course the 2 presidents would find it advantageous to advocate closely for the benefit of each school more easily reaching the respective goal of their Plans. This even as they are both competing for students, resources, institutional top-branding among the SUNY's, and as UB submits it's own legislation in WNY without collaboration with SBU/Long Island legislative advocates. With that, I would fully expect Simpson to have welcomed working to change SUNY with UAlbany or BUNY admin's, if those schools had plans to see through or had the political capital to advocate SUNY changes. Obvious, UAlbany's time without a permanent president has not allowed for this, and BUNY basically says, "We do things our way, UB and the other schools do things their way".

You can call this all crap, but Simpson's working with SBU shows he is willing to work with the other Centers, to "get them on the bus" if you will, so he can see that UB2020 comes to fruition. Unilateral approaches are more difficult than collaboration, so the more shareholders the merrier. UAlbany is just not ready, so it is being ignored by many advocates for change. Hopefully your advocacy day went well, you get a new prez soon, and things will start happening. Especially with the new chancellor saying exciting this like this from the Buffalo New today:

Zimpher said she doesn't yet know the specifics of the University at Buffalo's strategic plan to grow — called UB 2020 — but said she will be visiting all the campuses over the summer, and will submit a SUNY-wide strategic plan.

"Any strategic plan we would build for the system would be built around the individual campus plans," Zimpher said.

Don't make excuses for these people. You can get ahead by pulling yourself up or by pulling down your peers. There's a special little place in hell for President Simpson. Karma!

Don't make excuses for these people. You can get ahead by pulling yourself up or by pulling down your peers. There's a special little place in hell for President Simpson. Karma!

Don't deny it....you watched it and you almost opened up your valet. :blush:

I hope you know I'm only kidding with you.

Archived