UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Time expires for more college sports

UAalum72

Front-page story about the strain the economy is putting on college sports. UA to be going with mostly game-day trips under 200 miles to reduce lodging expenses, trying to boost fundraising, cutting printed media guides.

Nice to see the TU always has room for negative items (in this case the economic impact this recession is having on the UA teams), but never actually covers most of these teams.

A couple of weeks ago they printed a big article on the LCC baseball coach when they would have been better served in my opinion covering either senior day for UA baseball for a team on its way to a conference tournament or RPI baseball playing for their conference championship. But, they covered the school they invested in instead of either legitimate story and that is just another thing that makes the tu a joke paper. Today the finally broke the bank and had a staff report on the first UA baseball games yesterday.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...category=SPORTS

I had to laugh at the Times Union article about the Gymrat on Saturday that couldn't bring itself to use our name, saying that games were being played at Siena College, Union College and University College.

Also, for you TU haters ( and while I don't know enough about the labor negotiations between management and the guild to have an informed opinion) you might be amused by the guild's newest website: http://cancelthetu.com/

Archived