UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will UA be out of NEC by 2011

My opinion: the stadium project has always been a pipe dream and it is putting the cart before the horse. 10,000 economical seats is more than sufficient for a full scholarship FCS team in the northeast that is trying to get its foot in the national football game.

Scholarships, conference affiliation and University Field upgrades (not a $60 million stadium) are very attainable goals, IMO. The Cincy game is a step in that direction IMO, but I just don't see it happening any time soon, unfortunately. Or let me put it this way - the athletic department hasn't given any indication that is going to happen anytime soon.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere or heard that Fordie indicated the only way he would play Stony Brook again is if he had @ least 45-50 scholarships. So he is going to play a Big East power with 40??? His hand may be tied on this, but maybe we are ramping up? maybe the NEC is ramping up? Maybe going Indy? I have no idea. What I do know is playing Cincy with 36 rides is suicide despite a payday.

Facility upgrades to University Field to the tune of $5,000,000 will make UF look like a gorgeous facility if done right. Scoreboard, Turf, enclosed etc. 63 rides is cheap at UA even with Title IX. The conference is the problem. Danefan again as usual is correct, scholarships, facility upgrades are easy to do.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere or heard that Fordie indicated the only way he would play Stony Brook again is if he had @ least 45-50 scholarships. So he is going to play a Big East power with 40??? His hand may be tied on this, but maybe we are ramping up? maybe the NEC is ramping up? Maybe going Indy? I have no idea. What I do know is playing Cincy with 36 rides is suicide despite a payday.

Facility upgrades to University Field to the tune of $5,000,000 will make UF look like a gorgeous facility if done right. Scoreboard, Turf, enclosed etc. 63 rides is cheap at UA even with Title IX. The conference is the problem. Danefan again as usual is correct, scholarships, facility upgrades are easy to do.

Enough talk. We go full schollys, jack-up the Legislature Espada style and tell em' we need funding for a FBS-capacity stadium 5 years ago, hold one heck of a bake sale at Crossgates, and go Big East. :wacko:

Enough talk. We go full schollys, jack-up the Legislature Espada style and tell em' we need funding for a FBS-capacity stadium 5 years ago, hold one heck of a bake sale at Crossgates, and go Big East. :wacko:

I'll bake the brownies. (But you probably won't want a UA logo at that table.)

Archived