UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coaches vs Cancer Event

In the online version of the Times Union this morning, this blurb about the Coaches vs Cancer event was published under the heading, "Facts and Faces."

Facts & Faces

"Men's basketball coaches Fran McCaffery of Siena and Will Brown of the University at Albany are teaming up for the fourth annual American Cancer Society Coaches vs. Cancer Basket Ball on Oct. 8 at The Egg in Albany. A VIP reception at 5:30 p.m. will precede the main event that will begin at 6:30. Pitt coach Jamie Dixon will receive this year's Coaches vs. Cancer Inspiration Award. Siena lacrosse player Brendan Finneran will receive the Fighting Spirit Award and John Lowery, a UAlbany alumnus, will be recognized as Fan of the Year. Doug Gottlieb of ESPN will serve as master of ceremonies. Comedian Gary Valentine will perform and there will be a silent auction of sports memorabilia and other items. VIP tickets are $200 per person. General admission tickets are $100 per person and are available by calling the American Cancer Society at (800) 227-2345 or SEFCU at 452-8183. ... The Union College men's ice hockey trip to Quinnipiac and Princeton on Friday, Jan. 8, and Saturday Jan. 9, has been modified. Instead of playing Quinnipiac on Friday and Princeton on Saturday, the Dutchmen will face the Tigers on Friday and the Bobcats on Saturday. Both start at 7 p.m."

I think the general event has been posted on this forum before, but I don't remember seeing any information about the honoring of a UA fan. Anyone here know about this development?

I believe last year they awarded the fan of the year to a Siena fan, if my memory is correct. The physical invitiation doesn't give any information on the fan of the year it only states his name and that he is an alumnus..so no more info there...maybe some internet searching? lol

I believe last year they awarded the fan of the year to a Siena fan, if my memory is correct. The physical invitiation doesn't give any information on the fan of the year it only states his name and that he is an alumnus..so no more info there...maybe some internet searching? lol

Thanks for the additional info. I had no idea of this award before today.

I was just wondering how the committee made the determination of who wins the award. I was also wondering whether the UA fan is forum member? ^_^

Archived