UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New Dorms on Harriman State Office Campus Land?

MRSGDG

I'm not sure if anyone saw this article but it says that UAlbany is suppose be able to purchase 20 acres of the Harriman campus. 20 acres is a nice start. It's especially nice considering we can probably lease some of the new office space to be built in addition to the 20 acres we'll own. This is only the first piece of land to be parcled out. Maybe we'll get more in future deals?

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/2010/01/25/daily46.html

How about a stadium on those 20 acres :-)

-------------

In its plans, Columbia told the state it would pay $11 million for all the acres to be developed. Highlights of Columbia’s plans include:

• up to 700,000 square feet of new private-sector office space and R&D facilities, along with renovations to existing campus buildings for private-sector tenants

• a hotel with at least 110 rooms, a restaurant and banquet facility and up to 40,000 square feet of meeting and conference space. The site would have room for an expansion adding up to 90 more rooms and up to a 50 percent increase in meeting space.

• 80 to 100 units of upscale townhouses and condominiums

• 20 acres to be sold to the University at Albany

• two locations for retail stores

• 4 weeks later...

Where is the stadium...?

Am I the only one wondering about the leadership at the top of the Athletic Dept? How much longer 'till people start looking at McElroy?

Are you a mind-reader?

I was thinking it is mid-March and this "impending, exciting, stupefying announcement" has yet to materialize.

Who's up for a coup?

I don't know if it means anything but the final GEIS Findings Statement was posted on Friday. The findings statement is the last piece of the Enviro Impact Study that needs to be completed before funding can be released and contracting can occur.

http://www.albany.ed...20Statement.pdf

Nothing new.

And you're not alone guys.

Archived