UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Marching Band

uofalbany

Long term........

Anyone think its possible for the university to starting pushing for

a marching band? Or at least a LARGE SCALE band?

What would it take - in terms of money, budget, etc. if we deployed the band

at home games?

I know first things first, But I like to dream. I've got my own PROJECT 2015.

For the short term......

The pep band, I think we could use 2 or 3 dozen more as soon as possible.

I'd like to see the administration push an improvement in our band's size and participation.

You reading any of my posts?

The school has zilch in ways of funding this, unless like other schools...the make it mandatory for music majors to do marching band at some point.

The athletic dept had a well-documented budget cut...and probably will have another the way the economy in the State is going.

When Eastern Washingto tried to drop their 100+ marching band this year, the story said the budget was $30,000. Don't know if that included travel. They eventually kept it.

End of the show.

Depends on Music Dept. support. They supply instruments to the Pep Band now.

Some serious music students (not necessarily at Albany) say marching band music is to Music as trashy romance novels are to Literature. Not to say that the world doesn't need both.

You reading any of my posts?

The school has zilch in ways of funding this, unless like other schools...the make it mandatory for music majors to do marching band at some point.

The athletic dept had a well-documented budget cut...and probably will have another the way the economy in the State is going.

I'm not particularly focused on your posts. But, I do recollect that you point out the

university's budget hardships quite often. Yes, I realize there have been budget cuts.

So obvious, even a caveman knows it. This is why I brought up 'budget'. Having a home

marching band, what actual funds are needed?

How much more than ZILCH do we need to fund a home marching band? Uniforms. What's that cost?

The reason I ask is that I have NO IDEA. Is there ANY other expense?

How much more than ZILCH do we need to fund an additional 4 - 5 dozen members to our PepBand?

Nothing.

If the band plays only on campus during home games, then there is no travel expense.

What is it, the student or alumni association, that pays for all of the CLUB teams that we have at UAlbany. Womever pays for those, might just be willing to pick up the expense, if there is any, of upgrading our band.

I believe it was Georgia Southern that had a killer marching band.

So, it's not uncommon for colleges and universities to have these, even at the FCS level. Some of these bands are MASSIVE, and I don't think that the band members are embarrassed to play in these bands. It's called school pride.

It's what makes the TOTAL experience.

Archived