UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Pre-tourney gathering in Boston

I have to thank whoever sponsored the pre-game party in Boston on Friday. Lady DP and I went and I have to say it was much better than the previous year. Held in a resturant/bar a couple of streets down from Walter Brown arena. Mostly Boston area alums attended. We were discussing that alot of the alumni present graduated or played in the late 60's amd 70's. While they were interested in what we had to say about this years team and the guys coming back/in next year, they were really looking for people to reminisce about the players and coaches of when they went to school. I have to encourage long-time followers of the program to attend the gathering if they have one before next years tourney game (hopefully not before the play-in game next year!).

Also chatted with some former Danes cheerleaders (Dane96 where were you?) who moved to Boston after graduation. They gave us some tips about Boston which enchanced our visit. Many thanks to them although we couldn't get into PF. Chang's-the resturant they recomended.

Chatted with Don Ostrom who said next year's tournament site would be decided at an AD's meeting in May. If I remember correctly the four contestants were: Albany, Hartford, Bing and BU. He seemed to think it would go to BU because of the new arena although he thought Albany was better located and more to offer in terms of hotels, etc. I personally wounldn't mind any of those sites.

Another interesting factoid I didn't know until I went but Statefan (Jets fan) might have known. I knew Dr. McElroy played football at UCLA but I didn't realize his brother played in the NFL. He was drafted by the Jets and played for 14 seasons. Here's his website.

Edited by Dane Pound