UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Chris Page

Had 26 points in a season opening loss. Starts conference play tonight.

From his coach in the Indy Star:

Foremost among them: Chris Page, a 6-6 senior guard who also is signed to play at Albany. Page averaged 19.6 points and 4.8 rebounds last season — and this year, his coach said, he should be a whole lot better all around.

“He’s like a completely different kid,” Bolser said. “And that’s not to say he was bad before. Obviously, he was very skilled. But I think if there was one knock on Chris last year … (it was) that his defensive intensity hasn’t been where needs to be. And this year that is certainly not the case.”

Bolser believes Page might be an Indiana All-Star candidate if he plays to his potential.

Page has a very long wingspan. I don't think I noticed that before I started watching him closely. The wingspan helps him deflect and discourage a lot of passes. He is also quick enough to pressure a lot of players then his wingspan really comes into play. He jumps pretty well, can dunk easily in traffic. He gets to the lane really well. It seems like his first step is above average and he looks to exploit poor defensive positioning. I would like to see him use his left hand a little bit more especially when he takes contact inside. He gets to the floor line an awfully lot, but he could be cashing in 3 points instead of 2 with better use of his left hand. His shoot features a high release and a lot of arc so it is pretty tough to block. His ball handling could use some tightening up especially in full court press/trap situations. Albany is creating a pipeline with Plainfield. Former Quaker Blake Metcalf currently plays for Albany.
http://www.inbasketballsource.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=153&Itemid=175

Good writeup on him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Story on Page in the Indy Star

The 6-5 Page is putting up similarly impressive numbers, averaging 25 points and eight rebounds. Plainfield coach Clay Bolser said opponents have even gone to triangle-and-two defenses with two players chasing Page.

"We've seen all types of junk defenses you can throw at one guy," Bolser said. "And he's continued to put up All-Star numbers in some very difficult situations. He's put up some great individual performances that, unfortunately, haven't translated into a bunch of wins for us."

Archived