UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs LCC 11-12 season

bob87

Just got back from the Mets game and then UA over LCC in Volleyball again; this time at Fordham; 4 sets. I am disappointed I don't see a thread started by Haggy for this years results.

I saw the score, and knew we needed to update the board on UA's continued dominance, but uofalbany does such a good job with his updates that there is no way I would get in the way.

BTW, with the victory I think we may have already clinched another "rivalry" title. Time to check some math.

Using uofalbany's website as reference (Albany Cup), the 2011 head-to-head record is 6-2 in favor of UAlbany.

There are five games left between the programs:

1) Field Hockey (9/21): Should be an easy UA victory.

2) Men's Soccer (9/25): I will give the nod tho the other guys, but I hope Coach Gorman has then playing better by then.

3) Volleyball (11/2): You have to think recent trends (8-10 years, including this one) should hold.

4) Women's Basketball (11/3): Close edge to UA (maybe not that close, really.) Coach Abe will have them ready.

5) Men's Basketball (11/5): Two in a row, and the start of a streak of their own, even if it's not easy to play on the road.

Should be 10-3, but maybe men's soccer can turn a corner and make it 11-2. Either way, I think UA maintains its unblemished season record against LCC.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow's T-U headline:

Siena field hockey goalie makes 20 saves

UAlbany wins 8-0

Outshoot siena 47-2

Hopefully that result is good enough not to drop from #16 in the next poll. If I remember correctly we gave up a goal to them last year and dropped a spot in the polls. LCC had lost 8-0 to Maine this season and 10-0 to Hofstra. The only blemishes so far in their perfect 8 games 8 loss season is a goal vs. Fairfield and 2 vs. Davidson.

This years senior class ends their 4 year career outscoring them 26-1 and outshooting them 160-5.

Tomorrow's T-U headline:

UAlbany wins 8-0

Outshoot siena 47-2

Hopefully that result is good enough not to drop from #16 in the next poll. If I remember correctly we gave up a goal to them last year and dropped a spot in the polls. LCC had lost 8-0 to Maine this season and 10-0 to Hofstra. The only blemishes so far in their perfect 8 games 8 loss season is a goal vs. Fairfield and 2 vs. Davidson.

This years senior class ends their 4 year career outscoring them 26-1 and outshooting them 160-5.

Sorry, bob, UA dropped to #17 after beating 'aints 8-0, Monmouth, and Lafayette. America East field hockey looks tough with New Hampshire at #10, Maine at #15 and BUMA at #18.

However, in the NCAA RPI of Sept. 20, Albany was #9 and UNO WHO was 79th and last.

Tomorrow's T-U headline:

UAlbany wins 8-0

Outshoot siena 47-2

Sorry, bob, UA dropped to #17 after beating 'aints 8-0, Monmouth, and Lafayette. America East field hockey looks tough with New Hampshire at #10, Maine at #15 and BUMA at #18.

However, in the NCAA RPI of Sept. 20, Albany was #9 and UNO WHO was 79th and last.

Thanks for the update. No surprise really on any of that.

It is common knowledge you get better by playing the best. Unfortunately, we keep the worst team on the schedule which does nothing in helping the team get better.

Archived