UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women vs. Iowa

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't think this deserved its own thread, but it looks like Megan Craig made her season debut today, scoring 6 points in 10 minutes. I also noticed that St. Francis only scored 11 points in the second half, after scoring 23 points in the first half, and going to the intermission with the lead.

So, for those at the game: Was the downturn in St. Francis's scoring related to Megan's debut? Thanks; I'll hang up and listen.

I heard the she had just been cleared by her doctor a day or two ago, plus her father was in town from NZ.

From the play-by-play in the SFC box score: Craig came in at 9:46 in the 2nd half with the score tied at 32. She traveled at 9:31, blocked a shot at 9:12, had her own shot blocked at 9:01. St. Francis scored their last points at 8:45, and Craig traveled again at 8:28. The travels were while catching the ball with her back to the basket, and (probably) dragging her pivot foot while turning to shoot - shades of Kirsten Zollner. The shots she took were from within 5 feet, just caught it and banked it off the glass, no dribbling, no jumping. Was badly short on her only foul shot.

She showed enough presence to not get called for 3-second violations, and certainly altered a lot of shots - a fadeaway shot against her has to REALLY fade away. She gets up and down the court better than might have been feared. The team went into a zone, she can't guard many players one-on-one. Of course she hasn't been scouted yet, but she's going to need rib pads, they were really leaning on her.

So was it her, or the zone, that held SFC scoreless for the last 8 1/2 minutes? Don't know, they were only a point-a-minute team before that, but she definitely changes the game.

Archived